Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Business Suits - Affordable alternatives?

• 03-07-2005 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭

I'm travel every week to visit different clients as an IT implementation engineer. This means a lot of time spent driving in Ireland and flying to European sites. At the moment I'm wearing out several expensive Magee suits through constant dry-cleaning and general wear and tear on the job.

My brother recommended I check out the M&S Travel (Wool mix) or Washable (Poly - Yeuch!) suits as an alternative to spending a couple of grand a year to replace tailored suits at the moment. Has anyone tried these suits? How do they hold up in general? Would you recommend them for daily business wear?

I know you get what you pay for but I'm hoping there's a more affordable alternative without compromising on the overall standard of presentation my employers and clients demand. Any other suggestions on brands/makers would also be appreciated.

Any thoughts?

Gil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭annR

Gil

If you have the time and energy - drop into TK Maxx every so often. They have designer stuff in there at good prices.

I haven't tried the M&S suits to be honest - it's probably worth having a few of them as backup.

Another option - a bit unwieldy I know - is to find the department shops around the country that do good suits and visit them whenever there is a sale on. I swear by MacElhinney's in Ballybofey Donegal. Fabulous stuff, so affordable compared to Dublin. There might be some other similar well kept secret nearer Dublin.

Ann

Advertisement