Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

little nvidia help

Options
  • 03-07-2005 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Oh joy, oh joy my hp has me driven up the wall. Problem is i know my graphics card is a g force fx 128 meg (sorry forget the exact model) anyway due to a nasty virus i had to reformat. I had lost my drivers disk but got what i needed form the HP website. I went to download from nvidia.com the latest drivers for my card but it would not let me install them. says not compatible. I went into my device manager and wanted to check the card, but now there is no display heading in the divice manager.

Anyone have any idea what i might do :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

are you sure it wont let you install these drivers? pop the case off and have a look at the card for the exact model

heres a list of older drivers, if you want to try older ones

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Why not try getting drivers off the HP site?

The PCI Vendor ID could be outside the 'official' nVidia listings especially since HP is an OEM vendor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Check the driver archive page like angel of death said. They're slowly killing support for older cards from their new releases. The latest ones wont even work on Geforce 2 GTSes anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Check the driver archive page like angel of death said. They're slowly killing support for older cards from their new releases. The latest ones wont even work on Geforce 2 GTSes anymore
    What do you mean even the GF2GTS? Its getting on a bit now dontyathink?:p Well i suppose it was a beast back in its day :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

It's not that old a card though, on an Athlon 1200mhz it's not much slower than a FX5200 ( Due to processing overheads ). I know that it has to drop a few DX levels compared to the FX card, but the FX is ****e at DX9 anyway. So not that useless.

Ah the good old days when that GTS was the dog's balls

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

I remember the day when my 12meg voodoo2 was the dog's balls, i payed over 200 pounds punt for that thing!

Advertisement