Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb wireless??

• 03-07-2005 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

Has anyone had any previous experience with their wireless service if so would you recommend it feedback appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

i'm based in navan, there is no service at the moment, they have being upgrading the network since the start of the year and even when it was there, i had to use eircom dial-up as a backup for their **** service. so in my opinion, the service they offer should be called BAD-BAND. avoid them like the plague, support is also ****. here's a link to a thread on boards
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=257447

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

M8,
    I live a stones throw from the Digiweb wireless transmission tower here in Waterford and my connection is fairly crap. I get about 50kbs download max from my 512k connection. But far more worrying is the fact that recently I can't be sure of even establishing a connection so I can go a day or more without connecting out. Add to that the fact that it took them about 2 months longer to install than they said it would
    In fairness anytime I rang them they had a tech out within the day....but realistically, why the hell should you need a tech?
    I cant recommoend them I'm afraid. I'll be going NTL as soon as they roll out here within the next month or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Well if your're like me and connected to an exchange, and i quote eircom, "that will never be upgraded for broadband". I inevitably opted for digiweb wireless. It's not bad at all. Just every now and then you get a bit of **** establishing the connection to Digiweb. I tossed aside the free router they gave me from d-link it was muck, kept destroying random packets!

Seriously though

When it's working grand it's great

ON dodgy days it's frickin' ennoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭heffo9

just been informed my new upgrade is not happening. the line of sight test failed, so here's to my third time uninstall!!!!

Advertisement