Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Most depressing Song Ever.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭ibanez

Have you heard the NIN original or seen the video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

U2 One

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ibanez wrote:
    Have you heard the NIN original or seen the video?
    no,i want to though.i have asked people but they say it's nowhere near as good.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Ride On - Christy Moore, always sends a shiver down my spine and it's kinda depressing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

bob the builder theme song...always gets me down...

and the verve..the drugs dont work

• Advertisement

no,i want to though.i have asked people but they say it's nowhere near as good.
    Like the Johnny Cash version But the NIN version just beats it.Has a corrosive sound to it the video is of a fox decomposing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

i don't think they could put as much emotion in their voices and expressions as cash though...but i havn't heard it yet..so eh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

Johnny Cash - Hurt (you have to see the video to really appreciate it).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

2pac - Changes

Pet wrote:
    Johnny Cash - Hurt (you have to see the video to really appreciate it).
    Like the two versions the NIN version has the edge but would agree that the Johnny Cash video has the better visuals they make more of an impact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

I'm suprised Hallelujah hasn't been mentioned

oh, and the sound of silence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Radiohead - No Alarms - Christ it's about killing yourself - its bloody depressing.

Closely followed by The Drugs Dont Work by The Verve.

[edit]Oh and most of Damien Rice's music. The Professor for me cause it sort of sounds like me. :D [/edit]

oh ya damien rice songs...lonelily and that other one lol always puts me in a depressed manner when im having a hard patch in the lover area :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Dreamcatcher

The Smiths, Tim Buckley, Leonard Cohen can be depressing, if you happen to be already in that frame of mind. But they are all genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Ladypawpaw

Gloomy sunday. The Billie holiday version is the best. It got banned from the radio for years as it was blamed for loads of suicides.

Lyrics here http://www.lyricsfreak.com/b/billie-holiday/17999.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Eric Clapton - Tears in heaven, (beautiful tho)
    Smashing Pumpkins - Disarm
    REM - Everybody Hurts
    Mike & The Mechanics - The Living Years
    Don McClean - Vincent

........ always do it for me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Either
    Radiohead - Street Spirit [Fade Out]
    or
    Francis Henry Lyte - Abide With Me

Nothin else comes close to the depressing effect of these two. Great songs tho, 2 of my faves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭boidey

sad eyed lady of the lowlands. Bob Dylan
    the boatmans call by Nick cave is a brilliant but seriously depressin ellpee
    theres a particular tune by leonard cohen that can have me eyein up the paracetomol and gin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

simon & garfunkel:sounds of silence, i am a rock and scarborough fair

also one you mightn't think of: Luke Kelly, raglan road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

I CANT BELIVE NO ONE HAS SAID THESE!!!!!!!!!

Phil Collins - Take a look at me now

Or

Jeff Buckley - Heliluya (oh my god I cant spell - no pun intended)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

most songs by Keane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

anything by Dido GRRRR!- made even worse by the fact that there are millions of bints all over the world who find it "relevant" & "UPLIFTING"???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

Tindersticks - No More Affairs :(

(if u dont know it go look it up and listen)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

The video of Ghetto Gospel by 2pac

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Sentenced - Noose. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

Simon & Garfu-cknel - Bridge over troubled waters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Leonard Cohen - Hallelujah
    Radiohead - Exit Music
    - Climbing up the walls
    Most of OK computer really.
    The Waiting Room - Return My Rabbits
    Smashing Pumpkins - For Martha

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Yv

anything by waiting room (cork band - despite being pretty miserable they're v good :P).

yeah, hallelujah by jeff b is definitely up there, especially the live version on... eh... can't remember the name of the live album. "oh mother, i can feel the soil falling over my head..." - beautiful though.

how to disappear completely by radiohead wins tho, hands down.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,168 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

One from the archives. Eleanor Rigby by the Beatles. Only 2 mins long, encapsulating lonelyness and the futility of life for some. Apparently Sam Beckett liked it. Nuf said.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

"oh mother, i can feel the soil falling over my head..."
    Is that not the smiths????"i know its over" equally depressing though!

Advertisement