Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Most depressing Song Ever.

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

I'm a big Leonard Cohen fan and I knew I'd see him mentioned and Hallelujah by one of the many artists who cover it.
    That song in paticular (as are most by Lenny) is song celebrating love not really that depressing IMHO. The melodies and tone make it seem depressing but it's not really
    Lenny has one song that is really depressing and strangely the music was all done by Phil Spector (wall of sound). "Death of a Ladies Man" L Cohen all about the effect of age and the fact that getting your desires isn't that great.
    Cheery or depressing tunes don't really simply make a song happy or depressing it should be the lyrics.

Hurt -Johnny Cash is amazing proving the Trent Reznor is actually as good as many believed.

THere are a few depressing uplifting songs like Everybody's Talkin' and I will Survive that I always get a kick out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

Ooly wrote:
    Damien Rice - Cannonball

James Blunt - You're Beautiful

I detest the lyrics to Cannonball, but I find it a deeply moving tune alright. Partly because of the lyrics, which is odd giving my aformentioned statement. But You're Beautiful is another heart wrencher.

Taking Back Sunday - Your Own Disaster. Baring in mind i had just broken up for the first time when i first heard this song.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Muscle Museum by Muse,one of the most depressing videos ever!
    Well i think so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Gizmodeon

Unintended by Muse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Trent Steele

I'm torn between 3-

Tell Me There's A Heaven by Chris Rea

Don't Cry Daddy by Elvis Presley

I Still Can't Say Goodbye by Tommy Emmanuel cgp

A depressing piece of music?

The Lonely ManTheme (theme from Incredible Hulk tv Series)

• Advertisement
Advertisement