Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A suggestion for the Humour board ...

• 25-07-2001 9:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

Perhaps you could make the posts auto locking after creation, that way you can avoid the string of "heh nice 1" posts that follow each joke from ppl you know only want to catch hobbes in the posts race ... never gonna happen smile.gif

http://clans.quake.ie/osiris
    Fragnet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

now that is a good idea smile.gif
    and maybe we could auto-lock any thread where SMAK says something about being a mod as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

If that was done over a year ago poor old Kharn would be no where near his current post count... smile.gif

kayos

When you get to hell tell them I sent you,
    you'll get a group discount...

tribes.gameshop.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WhiteWashMan:
    and maybe we could auto-lock any thread where SMAK says something about being a mod as well?
    </font>

I concur with this non-endorsement

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Presto:

Haha Smak 2 the spam.. An auto lock on him would be good not just him being an mod
    </font>

You have almost 200 posts a month Presto it can't all be good.

I heartily endorse the autolock on humour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i endorse the autolock on humour.

ill just keep my make smak a mod ramblings to my self from now on. ya happy NOW, wwm?? tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by smoke-me-a-kipper (edited 25-07-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

It's up to Kharn, if he so decides we can disable replies on the board.

J.
    --

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoke-me-a-kipper:
    i endorse the autolock on humour.

ill just keep my make smak a mod ramblings to my self from now on. ya happy NOW, wwm?? tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by smoke-me-a-kipper (edited 25-07-2001).]
    </font>

well, it would certainly be one less thing for me to moan about wouldnt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Perhaps there is spam, but appreciation of, for example, TheWolf's contribution, would then go unheard. People couldn't pass comment on whether they thought the joke was inappropriate or wrong. frown.gif

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Sorry - missed this earlier.

Well, it's not a bad idea, but I like the idea of people being able to see that X number of people found their joke funny enough to warrant a reply of thanks or LOL or whatever (and vice versa of course).

As Victor pointed out, the classic case is our good mate The Wolf - he's consistently posting quantity and quality and everyone looks forward to seeing what he's coming out with next.

I don't think it's about post counts (like Osi suggests), it's about saying thanks.

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    When the Beefy King arrives, I shall be paying homage with Puunack The Receiver in a haze of green curry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

But one must take into account that not all replies are lol's etc. Occassionally other jokes of a similar vein are posted, or links to sites with more jokes of that sort. Plus, in all honesty who cares if ppl are trying to add to their post count, what does it mean anyway? If they want to do it fair enough, i'm not sure why ppl complain? In a joke thread the first post is usually as far as you need to read anyway. Plus it's harmless spamming compared to what these ppl could descend to if we don't give them their spamming fix....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

well, it would certainly be one less thing for me to moan about wouldnt it.</font>

but im sure, you'll find something else! tongue.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭TheWolf

Sorry, just saw this topic now, but I would be against it.

First of all, it would mean that if a joke was offensive, it would be beter if someone corrected him/her (I know the method of Kharn editing it is better, but everyone has diferent tastes, something Kharn might see as mild might actually be very offensive to someone else; fortunatley he seems to be a good judge) or if it was just a bad joke, it would be better if someone told the teller, so s/he could improve (better to tell them that the first joke is crap than have them post more rubbish after)

Also, if it is a link to another site, and for some reason it didn't work, then how would anyone tell the origanal poster? Its grand as it is, leave it be...

(Just my 2 cents...)

"A man works hard to keep the wolf from the door. Then his daughter grows up and brings one home..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Kraken

</font>

Haha Smak 2 the spam.. An auto lock on him would be good not just him being an mod

Advertisement