Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown Bread = Bad Hartburn

• 04-07-2005 8:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Quick question folks. Seem to be having a lot of issues with bread. Seem to be getting the most awful hartburn from Bread. Does anyone know what this is a the cause of this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭KnowItAll

Interesting... I'm off bread at the moment because I'm on a low-carbohydrate diet. It's not to loose weight (I cannot put on weight if I tried) but because of health reasons, mainly rosacea (extreme redness of the face).

When I started the diet I found other benefits like being less tired, less aggitated as well as better skin etc.

So it could be you are not suited to carbs or maybe you could have an allergy or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I was in the sam boat. Excessive heartburn acid reflux into my mouth at night in bed. I then went on a low-carb diet in an effort to lose weight.

After a while I noticed that as well as losing weight, I wasn't having problems any more. These days I avoid all cereals, except for the odd time. However, if I do eat bread, my stomach can flare up again. Ditto for having beer.

There's definitely a link between digestive troubles and wheat for some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭KnowItAll

dudara wrote:
    Ditto for having beer.
    I feel like throwing up anytime I drink beer. Now I know why!

Advertisement