Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter cycling

Options
  • 04-07-2005 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hey all

I'm recently back on the bike (4months) after 5 years away due to work / life commitments. Being from the S.Hemisphere, I'm not really used to having to worry about what I'm going to do re: training in winter when it gets dark at 4:30. Anyonere here have any interesting suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Hi,

Just keep cycling, bit with lights :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

Good luck getting people to think about winter in July :);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jman0

egan007 wrote:
    Good luck getting people to think about winter in July :);)
    Depending upon where he's posting from.... July could be in the heart of winter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭GP

I'm posting from Wexford and I guess just trying to see what everyone else does. Lighting myself up as a Christmas tree was my initial idea...

Originally Posted by egan007
    Good luck getting people to think about winter in July

no offence but actually the summer has made me think of winter!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭egan007

jman0 wrote:
    Depending upon where he's posting from.... July could be in the heart of winter.

I can only presume that anyone looking for seasonal info on boards.ie in Ireland not least the northern hemisphere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

typically get the miles in at the weekend and use the turbo trainer in teh evenings...

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭boidey

Get some good lights and an alarm clock. Force yourself out bed @ 5:00 at the weekends. Roads are pretty quiet then.

Advertisement