Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomcat & Castor

Options
  • 04-07-2005 9:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

I can get Castor0.9.6 to work with jdk1.5.0 & Tomcat4.1.24, but not with Tomcat5.5.9. I have included the commons-logging.jar in my context, but to no avail. The behaviour is to exit the try block without completing it, but not entering the catch block. I am using castor0.9.6-xml.jar, but have also tried the castor0.9.6.jar. Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 dan_pretty_boy

hi BlueSpud,

Were are you placing the jar, make sure u place it in the web-inf/lib.

Is there any exceptions that get thrown?

danny

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭BlueSpud

Yup, I am placing the jar in web-inf/lib. See the detail in the original post re the exception & failure to catch it, i.e. it is not hitting the catch block.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Not too sure about syntax in java.... but do you have any 'return' statements that might be causing the program to end early? Could some function have changed in the new version and now causes the program to end early?

Can you use printf's or the java equivilant to print out messages letting you know what sections of code have actually been processed? Just make a message print out as it goes through each block of code. It may be slow, but its guaranteed to find the place where the error is.

Advertisement