Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New colours or pc fkd?

• 25-07-2001 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭

all screens seem to be now in blue hues.

or is it just me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭C B

just you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

just you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

just you, but can u post a screenie??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

I've seen something like this before here at work. Sounds most like your video lead is loose or has a bent pin. You're not getting all the colours sent to your monitor. Try fiddling with it a bit.

K

[This message has been edited by Kix (edited 25-07-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

all the other colours are fine,
    i reckon its just something odd with the card.

--MiCr0

• Advertisement

Aye, could be a video driver issue (possible, some allow colour adjustment) or the video card itself. Try with another monitor if you have one to hand. That would narrow down the problem.

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

It used happen my old monitor from time to time. I think when I turned it off for afew days when it was turned back on things remained blue until it was on for about 20 hours then back to normal. Quite annoying at times I suspected a ****ed tube.

.logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Normally a loose pin or cable on monitor. Unplug your monitor and plug it back in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Then try it with another monitor if you can. This should tell you whether it is a video card or monitor problem. My boss had persistent problems like this with an old Dell (the PC was a Pentium 133), however when he traded up and I got his machine, I never had the problem.

I understand a monitor repair can cost about £60. If it is an old monitor, it might be worthwhile to buy a new monitor (which you might have to do anyway).

Kill, kill, kill the laser mice.

Mommmyyyy!!!!

Hobbes and Victor keep repeating everything I say!

• Advertisement
Advertisement