Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Musselburgh Today 4th July '05

• 04-07-2005 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

2.30 Gone Too Far
    3.00 Aspen Falls
    3.30 Platinum Charmer
    5.00 Toss The Caber

My Lucky 15 for today.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭bullock

Which one would be your best tip??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I sure hope you're wrong sjones, I've layed both Aspen Falls and Platinum Charger, the latter for a large amount.

Platinum charger is in great form at the moment but he has shot up a hell of a lot in the weights, Patricia Philomena, Kyle Of Lochalsh and Silver Seeker are all weighted to turn around previous defeats and Celtic Carisma looks like a horse on the upgrade. All in all I'm quite happy to have layed it at 2.1/1, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it drift out a lot in the betting.
    As for the winner of the race, either Patricia Philomena or Celtic Carisma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

I'm with MasterK on this one, I've had a little bet on Patricia Philomena as a gift of 7 pounds, a better draw and a not so hectic schedule could play a major part today.

As for Gone too far...I backed him last week when he won very easily....I've gone for him today but i was a very long time thinking about it...I have a feeling that the 2nd favourite will be ridden a lot more positively and will get a lot closer than 4 lengths...hopefully a case of not close enough today.

Unusual for me to get involved on a monday but as Morgans would say, and this works today especially, the form of a lot of these horses, particularly the two ive backed, is there for all to see and hopefully we'll get a result out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

fade2black wrote:
    Unusual for me to get involved on a monday but as Morgans would say, and this works today especially, the form of a lot of these horses, particularly the two ive backed, is there for all to see and hopefully we'll get a result out of it.

Yeah, I'm going to go change my way of doing things. I used to bet everyday... But now I'm only going to bet when the form is there for all to see, and when I really have no doubts who the winner will be. This will make for alot less betting on my part ( hopefully alot more winning ) but I plan to bet alot more cash now. I started betting a few years back, only betting on cheltenham and Royal Ascot, but I'm getting more active now. In the last year I have managed to turn 50 euro into 1800, which has drifted back to 1500 now due to some silly bets, which I aim to rule out. Even if there is only one sure win each week, which I'm sure I will manage to pick out, hitting that hard will improve my chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

2.30 Gone Too Far (a 3lenght win)

Lovely got me money back that lost off 2.15.....starting okish!!!!

• Advertisement

Excellent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

masterK wrote:
    As for the winner of the race, either Patricia Philomena or Celtic Carisma.

Celtic is 7/1 do u think its a very nice safe ew bet ? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

3.00 Musselburgh
    1st 4 Welcome Approach 66-1
    2nd 7 Our Sheila 10-1
    3rd 8 Rothesay Dancer 2-1 F

Good idea laying Aspen Falls....no were in sight!!!

66/1 winner..... :eek: :eek:

Looks like a day for the outsiders...GODAM MONDAYS!!!! :mad:

My Boylesports account is not too happy!!!! :mad: :mad: i doesn't like Mondays either!!!!!

blahblah06 wrote:
    Celtic is 7/1 do u think its a very nice safe ew bet ? :confused:

A safe EW bet? I don't think there is such a thing. It definitely has a chance though, it has only ever ran once of this distance and won. I think you'll probably do better than 7/1 if you wait for SP.

• Advertisement

wooly69 wrote:
    Good idea laying Aspen Falls....no were in sight!!!

No need to be a smart ass. You're new here, so you get away with that one.

bullock wrote:
    My Boylesports account is not too happy!!!! :mad: :mad: i doesn't like Mondays either!!!!!

haha you mean your boylesports is very happy with all the money there getting from ya

masterK wrote:
    A safe EW bet? I don't think there is such a thing. It definitely has a chance though, it has only ever ran once of this distance and won. I think you'll probably do better than 7/1 if you wait for SP.

well what would u do good surprise or celtic... planning on doing 50 ew like

blahblah06 wrote:
    well what would u do good surprise or celtic... planning on doing 50 ew like

If you can't pick them apart, then do both of them, maybe 25e/w on both of them? Really though, I would never bet that much if I didn't know what I was doing.

I'd probably wait and see if Good Surprise is being backed later, it's 6/1. If it goes into 4/1 or 7/2 it would should show it's fancied and might be worth a bet. Interim Payment also looks a good bet in the next at Bath.

THats a risky bet! Especially on a Monday!!!!

masterK wrote:
    I'd probably wait and see if Good Surprise is being backed later, it's 6/1. If it goes into 4/1 or 7/2 it would should show it's fancied and might be worth a bet. Interim Payment also looks a good bet in the next at Bath.

You seemed more interesed in Good Surprise in your last posts? whats changed. at 6/1 surely its well worth it ?

Nothing has changed, you always have to be cautious about a horse that has not run in over a year. It's hard to know how fit it is, some horses run very well fresh, but most horses generally need to have a race or two in order to reach peak fitness. That's why I am saying to watch the betting, if the money is on it then that is a good indication of it's fitness, if it drifts out then it is worth avoiding.

Did you take my advise on Interim Payment?

masterK wrote:
    Nothing has changed, you always have to be cautious about a horse that has not run in over a year. It's hard to know how fit it is, some horses run very well fresh, but most horses generally need to have a race or two in order to reach peak fitness. That's why I am saying to watch the betting, if the money is on it then that is a good indication of it's fitness, if it drifts out then it is worth avoiding.

Did you take my advise on Interim Payment?

ah i know what you mean. no mate i was o late. but i took ur advice on the next. philo and celtic

Kyle Of Lochalsh 5/1
    Patricia Philom 4/1
    Platinum Charmer 5/2

at least i get my bet back haha

• Advertisement

wow if he was your fav and came 3rd i doubt ill back this other one

Two winners on the lucky 15, not so bad. Toss the caber won at 8/1. A great price tbh.

The Player 7.35 Windsor 6/1

That horse came nowhere. I've a bet for tomorrow morning. I know its nothing to do with Horses but I think Auckland to beat the Lions at 5/4 is a good bet.

;) he came 3rd mate.. i have two more bets coming 7.55 ripon halla san

8.05 windor Alrafid

wait and see ;)

Ok man. I thrust you with these then. 5 bills each way gone on each.

HAHAHA sorry mate but for some reason i keep winning with the horses that i dont place. i got 3rd place on the 18/1 with jus waz. and 2nd for jaafi. windsor should win so no probs there. if you have msn pm me your address

what was the result of Ripon???

7.55 - Ripon
    1st: 5 Torrens (IRE) 4-1
    2nd: 6 Jaafi (IRE) 7-2 F
    3rd: 8 Just Waz (USA) 14-1

go here

http://www.horse-results.co.uk/

• Advertisement

Thanks Blahblah06

oops no probs but i am having a losing streak after my huge win earlier

hope your tip for Windsor comes off.

LOL it didnt. had a brutal start. dont back big on bets mate i only did 2.50 ew on them. you gotta learn the horses

We'll get it right next race ..... What about Roscommon???

i have the jesuit 2/1 do a small bet.

• Advertisement

**** ... Missed it!!!!

haha result aint in yet may have been a good thing

I'm going to call a Bluff in Ripon .... 2euro ew on a horse named Bluff!!!!

NO Tyrone Sam or Ryedane

no Chance!!!!

• Advertisement

we shall see.

my choices. the two above and missperon 8/1

**** sake .... You'll have them all backed!!!!

hahaha i suck tonight

who won??

use the site

enough racing for me tonight ... just stuck 36Euro on Rockocko to score first try in tomorrows match.

Oh dear.

is that good or Bad ..... Got him at 10/1!!!!

Could be good or could be bad Bullock, I don't really know but it seems like a lot of money to put on that kind of bet. Then again I don't know what kind of bank you're playing with. Good luck with it anyway.

Guess I'll know tomorrow. But 20 into my account and earned that with some tips from you guys. Descided I'd go for the Kill.

• Advertisement
Advertisement