Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bjorn and the European Open

Options
  • 04-07-2005 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

what a bottler!! I was embarrassed watching the golf yesterday, PGA professionals turning to mush, and his playing partner Jaquelin was just as bad but got away with it cos Bjorn was pure sh!t

The commentators on Sky wouldn't call a spade a spade, kept going on about how they couldn't believe what was happening, did they forget that Bjorn blew up in the British Open a couple of years ago by taking 3 out of the sand in the closing holes. There was about an hour of golf on tv where no one was hitting fairway or the green in regulation, shameful stuff really. Then watching the US tour later on yesterday, the difference in standard was amazing

anyone have any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I played that exact course and I found the course extremely tough. As a 7 handicap, I would imagine that it shouldn't be too extreme but in this case it was hard

To be fair to the players, I have sympathy for them and I believe that some of the courses in the US can be easier than the ones in Europe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭mag

I like Thomas Bjorn but lets just say he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer. It takes cop-on as well as talent to play top-level golf. The 16th & 17th holes displayed complete witlessness from him.

Advertisement