Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two for Roscommon

• 04-07-2005 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭

Just passing these on. Source is a fairly reliable one out of the Jim Bolger yard.

Glasog - 5.45

From my own analysis of this I think the step back up to 7 furlongs will bring on the promise of his debut. Apparently there were some burnt fingers on this one last time out and they intend to make the money back today.

The other one I was sent a text about with the letters EW beside it and was then surprised to see that it's actually the favourite...still an each way price to some though

Good Surprise in the 6:45

Good Luck

D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

Cheers fade. I'll have a go at them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Glasog definitely must have a great chance back over 6F. In reading the race descriptions of the favourite Grippings races he seemed to fade quite badly in the closing stages of all 3 of it's races over 5F so it seems doubtful that 6F will suit.

Good surprise is a bit of an unknown quantity, a quick trawl through his French form reads quite well though, he beat a horse called Gloirez in his last race. Gloirez then went on to be beaten by 1.5 lengths by Ascot Gold Cup winner Westerner and then finished ahead of Anak Pekan in a Group 2. On the basis of that reading of the form he could be absolutely thrown in off a mark of 93.

Cheers for them Fade, any word on the fitness of Good Surprise, he hasn't run in over a year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Well, in exact words, they are more than hopeful but you can understand them attaching the each-way tag because some horses react to breaks differently than others. Working fine at home and he takes his chance tonight.

Not much to go on really, and for that I apologise but there could be something in it. As always, viewer discretion is advised...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

fade2black wrote:
    Just passing these on. Source is a fairly reliable one out of the Jim Bolger yard.

Glasog - 5.45

From my own analysis of this I think the step back up to 7 furlongs will bring on the promise of his debut. Apparently there were some burnt fingers on this one last time out and they intend to make the money back today.

The other one I was sent a text about with the letters EW beside it and was then surprised to see that it's actually the favourite...still an each way price to some though

Good Surprise in the 6:45

Good Luck

D

Hey Fade. trading tips today hopefully. so what do you reckon on a safe ew bet which horse ? im gonna bet the oratorio wins on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

If Good surprise is fit he could be a nice little bet, his form in france is far and away above that of anything else in the race. Add that to the usual improvement that one would expect from age 3 to 4 and it's not hard to make a strong case.

• Advertisement

blahblah06 wrote:
    Hey Fade. trading tips today hopefully. so what do you reckon on a safe ew bet which horse ? im gonna bet the oratorio wins on it

Not gonna make that decision for ya Blahblah....I've passed them on so, like MasterK, you should have a looksee and decide for yourself which one looks better. The first one is supposed to be the confident win bet but the second one if the break doesn't affect him, may offer the best value for your each way bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

i only relaised Strensall is racing today and is 4/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

All the punters today were saying there is a good word for The Jesuit (8:15), but Dix villez was backed aswell. Two other runners have also been taken out of the race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Paddy Power seem happy to take Good Surprise on, drifted out to 7 from 11/2

*edit* Ive just seen that I backed Good Surprise instead of Glasog by mistake. What a shrood move.

Well the fingers were burnt again. Backed from 3s into 7/4 and only 3rd. Back to the drawing board with this one I think. As for Good Surprise, the few minutes before the race is the only show im interesting in seeing..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

well fade,
    not a great day today but thanks anyway. keep them coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Sneaked in for a place, won €20 off it. What stroke of luck.

Well the 2nd one was each way and the shrewd among you may have backed Common World because whenever that horse wins he seems to be backed off the boards. The first one was a disappointment but I think it wasright to pass it on cause I knew there was going to be a lot of money for it on course. Just beaten by a better animal

Advertisement