Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution Soccer or Fifa?

Options
  • 04-07-2005 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭

Which do you prefer?

Pro Evolution Soccer or Fifa? 65 votes

Pro Evolution Soccer
    0%
    Fifa
    92%
    LennyJimi-SpandexPHBstevosliceMossy Monkthe corpoMakaveliTuskyCreamy Goodnesstmanbalkieb2002TöpherKdjaCLRetr0gamerzAbboCorben DallasDoodah7sound_wavekensutzRi_Nollaig 60 votes
    Neither
    7%
    Cianan2KazuIANOCStonedParadoXEasy Target 5 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,401 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Fifa
    Pro evolution destroys fifa although fifa has really improved in this years update. Fifa feels more like an arcade game with little skill. Pro evolution is the closest a game has come to emulating the beautiful game. Multiplayer is great. It's quite difficult to get a goal so losing one means you have a huge hill to climb.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Well EA seem to not feel the need to really improve FIFA seeing as how they have tonnes of Fanboys. Whereas Pro Evo gets better and better. So it gets my vote!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

Fifa
    there can not be any other result for me.... PES all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

Solitare

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Fifa
    Fifa is the besht! pro evo is crap, just like this bi-monthly poll

whats next, scuba steve

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Fifa
    Pro Evolution Soccer is the only game that I have been playing and enjoying consistently for years. It is an amazingly good series.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Fifa
    yeah i don't realy like football yet i just want to play it day after day for hours at a time!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Fifa
    if you get pes, prepared to get eternally frustrated. It's a great game, but at times, the computer does the most ridiculious things imaginable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Fifa
    TimAy wrote:
    if you get pes, prepared to get eternally frustrated. It's a great game, but at times, the computer does the most ridiculious things imaginable.

I dont play agains the computer, too easy. Need human opponents !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Fifa
    Used to be a FIFA man but after playing Pro Evo 4 there's no contest really :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Fifa
    Pro Evo all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Fifa
    Pacifico wrote:
    Used to be a FIFA man but after playing Pro Evo 4 there's no contest really :D
    Same with myself. I even played no, 1 and 2 but still prefered Fifa (at the time) but 4 changed everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Easy Target

Neither
    pes is frustrating, the animation is terrible, no real teams, rubbish presentation and doesn't simulate the beautiful game in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Fifa
    Pro Evo all the way although I'm a bit p1ssed off with it as I just finished a Premiership season and only came second. I only lost two games and finished with 94 points!!!! damn cheating game :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

Neither
    heh i loved pes 1 and 2 and i thought 3 was crap ...but before this i was a fifa fan up to 99 after 99 it sucked ass.. but then pes 4 came out and i was like WHAT THE **** HAVE THEY DONE
    .. and then i got fifa off a mate and 2005 is by far the best

wow well done EA!

im deffo gettin 2006

pes is frustrating, the animation is terrible, no real teams, rubbish presentation and doesn't simulate the beautiful game in any way.
    The view of your typical EA Fanboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Fifa
    bazH wrote:

whats next, scuba steve
    god your kidding right

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

Neither
    Slurms wrote:

and your view is the view of a typical pes Fanboy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Fifa
    Slurms wrote:
    agreed, there is no better simulation of football the Pro Evo, so what there are no real kits, this game is based on gameplay, and this is where it shines, Fifa is for the pre-teen market who must have all kits and sponsors to be exact, Pro evo is for the more mature gamer who wants the best gamplay, as these are 2 different markets i see no reason to compare again. Also it is more thank likely than Konami will have the licence sorted for Pro Evo 5 (Xbox, PS2) and Pro Evo 6 on (Xbox360, PS3) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Fifa
    no real teams,

Oh Contrare :D

PES4-20050529-204239765.jpg

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BloodNinjaCult

Fifa
    You buy fifa, you waste your money. Yet I've seen thousands buy various versions in the store I work in over the last couple of years. Very sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Fifa
    PES all the way and Winning Eleven 9 in about 4 weeks, bring it on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Fifa
    BrookieD wrote:
    agreed, there is no better simulation of football the Pro Evo, so what there are no real kits, this game is based on gameplay, and this is where it shines, Fifa is for the pre-teen market who must have all kits and sponsors to be exact, Pro evo is for the more mature gamer who wants the best gamplay, as these are 2 different markets i see no reason to compare again. Also it is more thank likely than Konami will have the licence sorted for Pro Evo 5 (Xbox, PS2) and Pro Evo 6 on (Xbox360, PS3) :D

Is there a new pro evo game expected out for xbox? & if so when?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Fifa
    Ya Pro Evo5 should be out soon enough, dont know when tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

Fifa
    Ya Pro Evo5 should be out soon enough, dont know when tho
    Genius.

Fifa
    October if there's no exclusivity deal with Sony which I think ran out last year. If not March next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Fifa
    kensutz wrote:
    October if there's no exclusivity deal with Sony which I think ran out last year. If not March next year

Big difference there as March will mean it would be out on 360, not original xbox

Fifa
    Konami will concentrate on WE9 first and then decide on release dates and port releases soon after it.

I keep hearing that its scheduled for a european release, end of 05. So a Christmas release seems possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Fifa
    bazH wrote:

whats next, scuba steve
    Good arguement! You win imo.

The above question could have been stated as follows:

Heidi Klum

or

Castration

Pes has done more to advance FIFA in terms of forcing EA's hand when they seemed content to keep rehashing titles with little or no improvement (Kinda like this pole aperantly). Well with PES gaining more and more credit, even from the vast hoards of fanboys (which disguists me when I hear then talk about how great FIFA is and they haven't even tried PES).

Advertisement