Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evolution Soccer or Fifa?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Fifa
    as much as i hate doing it i agree with sprinkles :p

thought i did technically* beat him on pes on sat night

*i gave him 3 penalties but i still scored better goals :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Fifa
    madrab wrote:
    as much as i hate doing it i agree with sprinkles :p

thought i did technically* beat him on pes on sat night

*i gave him 3 penalties but i still scored better goals :D
    Yeah......sure you did Madrab. if that is your name.

The way I see it is that Fifa is enjoyed by all those who:

either don't know much about football,
    Don't know much about gameplay and are wooed by pretty graphics and presentation or
    are the same idiots who keep on buying the playstation based purely on advertising etc.. without giving the likes of the dreamcast or cube etc.. a second thought.

Pes imo is the only option. Fifa has a very long road to go to catch up. I welcome EA to try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭scuba steve

Fifa
    sprinkles wrote:
    Yeah......sure you did Madrab. if that is your name.

The way I see it is that Fifa is enjoyed by all those who:

either don't know much about football,
    Don't know much about gameplay and are wooed by pretty graphics and presentation or
    are the same idiots who keep on buying the playstation based purely on advertising etc.. without giving the likes of the dreamcast or cube etc.. a second thought.

Pes imo is the only option. Fifa has a very long road to go to catch up. I welcome EA to try.
    Well said

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Fifa
    After I won the Champions League with Ipswich Town on World Class mode in Fifa 2001 I gave up on the game. It forced me to look elsewhere. As luck would have it, around about this time PES1 came out. Been hooked since.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,348 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Fifa
    im so looking forward to the next installment of pro evo

I hate fifa and especialy the company behind it EA

EA always rush their games and produce some pretty bads ones too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Fifa
    Pro Evo has been the best to play since 1995(ISS), although back then it was quite super sidekicks esque.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Fifa
    Pro Evo 4 is the best Football game ever fact! It frustrates the hell out of me but I am totally addicted and the feelings of High and low are as close to the real game as a footy sim could be.

It has a few little problems though the players touch and control are far from graceful, the commentary is awful and the refs are crap but that actually adds to the realism :D . Despite these few flaws it is by far the best footy game on the market today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 bermenstein

Pro Evo everytime.
    Altough Konami screwed up on line iwith the XBOX version.
    Lag is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I would have to say FIFA ... yeah right :p

I would stick in my vote for PES because i want to play a soccer game, not look at an advertisement.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

PES all the way. I was delighted with FIFA around 96 when the pitch view was that diagonal one. That game was class. I bought FIFA 97 thinking it would be even better. It was an ok game but not worth the money I paid for it. Bought Fifa 98 thinking they might have improved it but it was total sh!te. The last straw for me was the fact that the Republic of Ireland's team didn't exist in that game, even though international teams like Lebanon did. I vowed never to buy another FIFA game.

Around the same time, ISS Pro Evolution came out and it was amazing. Got ISS Pro 2 on the strength of it but that was a step backwards. I bought PES 3 last year and I thought it was a class game with one major flaw - its virtually impossible to get long-range goals. Free kicks are grand from long range, but from open play, any shot taken from about two metres outside the penalty area is always going to be blazed over the bar.

The ISS Pro and PES games definately frustrate you - but that's the idea. Since when was it supposed to be easy to score goals in real life soccer? Therefore, it shouldn't be easy in the game either. A 1-0 win in PES is immensely (?) satisfying!

• Advertisement
Advertisement