Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat sh1t, is paving the only solution ?

Options
  • 04-07-2005 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

I know the subject of fouling cats has been out before without any viable solution being proposed. I am contemplating paving the entire back garden apart from a few small areas for shrubs/flowers which I could net off. A neighbour suffered the same problem as I have i.e. neighbours cats using his back garden as a toilet. He paved the entire back with cobble lock, cats go elsewhere e.g. my lawn.

Has anyone else tried this and how much does it cost to pave a standard suburban 40ft garden ? I have a side entrance and boundary walls. Would do a patio myself but will need a contractor for the entire garden.

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Ah don't do the whole garden in slabs, it looks terrible!

I know how you feel though as I'm in the same boat. Neighbours cats are always going in my garden and with a two year old running around out there I am determined to find a solution. He's not going to go blind through toxoplasmosis due to these creatures.

They have recently upped the ante by having 4 kittens but I WILL find a way.

The hose is on standby at all times.
    Going up to B and Q this week to see if they have an electronic solution.
    I've tried pepper on the boundary walls - no luck
    Will try those crystal things and see if they work.
    Will get a dog (!)
    Or a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We have a cat and he's an indoor cat who uses a litter box shock horror so it's really annoying having to clean up other people's cat's crap!! Anyhoos the latest thing we've gotten is these gel crystal things in Aldi. Now I stuck it under my cats nose to make sure it was pungent and he made a funny face and ran under the table so I don't think the neightbours cat will be coming near our garden again - so far so good! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Get a cat and dog repeller taht will soon get em moving and off to manure some one elses lawn

Regards netwhizkid

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

Surely it aint worth repaving the whole garden over a few little bits of cat ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭demac

The stuff that tk123 mentions is called "Getoffmygarden" !

It should be available in most hardware stores for small money. €3 to €5 ish

It does exactly what it says on the clear plastic bottle !

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Kare Bear wrote:
    Surely it aint worth repaving the whole garden over a few little bits of cat ****.

very dangerous for children/pregnant women and can cause all sorts of health issues including blindness

demac wrote:

I've seen a few of these things around but do they work?
    My garden is about 150ft long and 20 ft wide so I guess I'd have to put these yokes all around the perimieter?
    I hear they also wear off in about a month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭pdunno

demac wrote:

What is this stuff and how does it work? Is it toxic or harmfull in any way to the animals? What prevents them from going onto the garden?

Could be usefull to kepp dog off the grass while it's growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Meant for birds but I reckon if you put it around all your walls/fences it would stop the cats..
    birdbgone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Originally Posted by GreeBo
    Meant for birds but I reckon if you put it around all your walls/fences it would stop the cats..
    birdbgone

Yeah if you want your place to look like mountjoy, It also slighlty resembles a protuding landmine. Just make the place cat proof with a good cross cat loving terrier !

Regards netwhizkid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

GreeBo wrote:
    birdbgone

Its not the spikes - cats just usually will be keen to avoid the 15-20 festering cat-corpses impaled attractively all over your boundary walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Raiser wrote:
    Its not the spikes - cats just usually will be keen to avoid the 15-20 festering cat-corpses impaled attractively all over your boundary walls.
    they arent actually sharp, they dont hurt the birds, the birds just dont like landing on them
    I presume the cants wouldnt enjoy climbing over them either, you can also get little mini cat spikes that cover the wall that hurt the cats paws..
    either that or get an sensor for a sprinkler, cats hate getting wet

Advertisement