Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sin 2 Steam delivery,ppp

Options
  • 04-07-2005 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

pay per play?
    Ritual Entertainment's long-awaited Sin 2 is to be released episodically over Valve's Steam digital distribution system, with episodes lasting around six hours each to be released "every three to four months" for around $20 (£11.38) an episode.

The first episode is set to be released on Steam this Winter, but it's not yet known whether the game will also be released in boxed form.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=59893

This seems so wrong, play to a certain point have to wait x amount of time to get any further and if it needs patching will they be free or come with the next ep?

Dont mind the idea of buying a game and downloading it entirley but to buy parts of it. Can see that not working out quite right.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Yeah reading that announcement totally killed my hype for Sin 2. That and it being on the Source engine :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Episodes lasting six hours? Ever since the 150 hours for FFVII was only 50 I found out that these x amount of hours of gameplay claims are for quadreplegics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Episodes lasting six hours? Ever since the 150 hours for FFVII was only 50 I found out that these x amount of hours of gameplay claims are for quadreplegics.

Possibly includes download time and install issues and steam updating time.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Kare Bear

:confused: What was the first SIN like.

Wast it an fps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

original sin was really good (one the first patch came out)

graphics were amazing, storyline was.. decent
    elexis was HOT!

think of it as similar to duke nukem humur
    remember elexis in the bath on the hidden cameras? yum :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Man, Sin was fantastic....I remember playing it on my ancient 166mhz, 32ram machine and thinking "Man, this rules" :o

All this talk of SiN has made me want to play it.

I know where to get sin and wages of war...oh yes, ho ho... ;)

But this pay per episode is bull. And when it says 6 hours, Id imagine its only genuinely 3 at best. Can't see myslef forking out for 6 small episodes tbh.

Better come out on dvd too. :mad:

I know where to get sin and wages of war

i still have sin but i never got wages of sin

where get???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

madrab wrote:
    I know where to get sin and wages of war

i still have sin but i never got wages of sin

where get???

First of all, I've no idea WHY I called it wages of war, as I know it's called wages of sin...but... :confused:

As for where to get it, ;)

damn you!! :p

Advertisement