Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Patch out today?

Options
  • 04-07-2005 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Evenin all,

I thought i read last week that the patch would be out today. Anybody get it yet?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

It's a bank holiday in the USA today so I wouldn't expect much.

Also in the official statement from EA they didn't mention a date but they did say July 4th in the EA BF2 forum. I'd guess that it'll be out sometime this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

"This week".

Is the timeframe I believe.

The first patch for BF2 will be available tomorrow, Wednesday the 6th at approximately noon PST.

The new Linux server and Windows servers will also be available. The Client patch weighs in at just over 13 Megs. While the server files are complete re-installs. The server software is the major part of this release. Netcode is a big piece of this for the Ranked and UnRanked Servers.

Patch v1.01

* Fixed in issue that caused the Multiplayer Browser to become unresponsive.

* Fixed an issue where some game controls were not available to be rebound within the Options menu.

* Fixed an issue with increasing performance degradation on servers.

* Fixed a problem with shader caching on client/host : after the first map in a rotation, shaders would be loaded on the fly during gameplay.

* Fixed a crash with rebinding LMB

* Fixed a problem that caused environment mapping to not appear on reflective surfaces.

* Fixed a crash that happened when a client picks up a kit that doesn't
    exist anymore.

* Fixed a problem with AI when the game was paused for a long time: bots
    would become unresponsive and also shoot more accurately.

* LOD distances tweaked on certain objects.

12 PST is what, about 9pm for us ?

BTW, the UNRANKED server-side patches are already available.

Unranked Server Files for Win32 (127MB)
    Unranked Server Files for Linux (131MB)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Ponster wrote:
    12 PST is what, about 9pm for us ?

BTW, the UNRANKED server-side patches are already available.

Unranked Server Files for Win32 (127MB)
    Unranked Server Files for Linux (131MB)

This will patch server to RANKED?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Unranked servers will stay unranked.

I'd assume ranked servers will be sent out by EA with their encryption thingy. EA are taking the ranking thing on servers quite serious.

• Advertisement

Yep that's it. If you run an unranked server then you go and download the patch yourself. If your ranked then you'll probably get an email from EA instructing you how to get the ranked server patch.

If you are a server admin I would not reccomend installing these patches until the Client file is released this evening (8PM IST / 9PM CET). TiG will have mirrors ready for you this evening.

Unranked Windows Server (130MB)
    Unranked Linux Server (134MB)

I believe 12PST is 8pm GMT.

Patch seems OK ish, will see if it actually benefits me in anyway later on today.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

A patch, eh? Me thinks me will get the game today (rather than waiting till me gets a new rig). Also got 50 quid for a wiping an old server for someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

the_syco wrote:
    A patch, eh? Me thinks me will get the game today (rather than waiting till me gets a new rig). Also got 50 quid for a wiping an old server for someone.
    Its fate :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Is the TIG pw'ed server unranked ?

Sorry will have loads of questions today if the postman stops at my house :)

Not at the moment but with the patch the password option for ranked servers will be removed. TiG shall have our usual bunch of ranked servers running for you patched up later this evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Winters wrote:
    TiG shall have our usual bunch of ranked servers running for you patched up later this evening :)

Well due to extremely good and charitable clan m8's mine should arrive in the post today so there should be one more [BTC]er lurking , btw I hope they are behaving themselves in my absense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

the_syco wrote:

The game runs like crap syco tbh unless the patch optimizes the game (or you have a pc more powerful than a 2600xp 1 gig of ram and a 256meg 6800gt sytem) i wouldn’t wast your money

/me looks at komplett and sobs i may have to blow another 400 euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 _Dubh_

PT is 8 hours behind us so 8pm this evening it is.
    Servers are gonna be hopping!

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

bizmark wrote:
    The game runs like crap syco tbh unless the patch optimizes the game (or you have a pc more powerful than a 2600xp 1 gig of ram and a 256meg 6800gt sytem) i wouldn’t wast your money
    Runs fine on my 1800+, 1gb ram, 9700 at medium/low settings. Doesn't take away any of the enjoyment of the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

bizmark wrote:

One of the fixes stops unneccessary shader loading, so it may give you an improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Spear wrote:
    One of the fixes stops unneccessary shader loading, so it may give you an improvement.

In game shader loading though.... Performance in-game is fine.. its the loading that pisses me off.

ftp://largedownloads.ea.com/pub/patches/

try it if you want, about 8th file down (excluding folders)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Have you?

• Advertisement

50% through Download, then I am going out. Might give it a shot, may not, lol. Still unsure :D

Edited for clarity.

I have it already installed now. TiG have 3 servers updated and open waiting or players to join. IP's are in the sticky at the top. I shall have a link to the local Irish mirror once it goes 8pm. Patch is only 14mb so takes notime to get. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

I'd say it's ok so downloading and will wait to see what the EA link is. The server will be at a standstill at 8.

Yeah, I noticed the TiG servers were patched.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

bizmark wrote:

It runs alright on a GeForce 4. Green sea, (nearly) invisible tanks... but I can still play, with no lag :)

The TiG / DarkKeep Mirror is alive and well, link can be found on this thread along with others.

Three tig servers at 64man, 32man and 16man are ready and waiting for everyone :)

Advertisement