Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I close my 2.5 year BOI account?

Options
  • 04-07-2005 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Been with BOI for 2.5 years. Consider them lousy. Moving to PTSB - do I close the account with BOI or keep it for reference?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

yes you are very right. i think boi has really lost its service. its doing really bad.i opened a account with ptsb in stephens green and they are really helpful.i was using aib and they were also bad so i closed both accounts and opened 1 account with permanent tsb.

also permant tsb donot charge any fees if you open a current account and lodge money reguarly or even lodge ur wages there.so you will save a bit.

anyway good luck with the change

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Close it to show them why you moved
    When enough people move they may think about charging people less

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

Irony is a great thing.

I'm closing my accounts in PTSB cos they're a pile of pants. I've had two mortgages, car loans, business accounts, visa cards and when I asked for an overdraft facility for €1000 they said no and wouldnt give me a reason. A week later I got a vall from them asking me if I wanted a new car...eehhh.. hello?

pants pants pants. stay away. online banking is the way to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

Maybe a poll to see where everyone banks? Im with BOI and never had problems with them except for the fact that they seem to charge for any infringement of overdraft...even if its by €8....€4 a shot every week or two. Their fees are too high for everyday transactions as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Back to the original Question - do I leave the account open for reference or should I just have it closed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Whats the point in leaving it open, if your not going to use it? you will still pay annual fees on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

close it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

Keep the account open. EU regulations are getting a hell of a lot more finickity(?) and the lenght you have your account opened determines a lot. For instance, laser cards, cc as well as other things can't be gotten on your account unless you ahve it for at least 6 months or you were an extremely good customer previously.

Plus if you're a fairly average customer (wages go in - wages go out type account) lenght of time is a big deal when it comes to applying for loans etc.

I'd keep it open and keep it active, move some money through it. 2 and a half years is a good amount of time to ave an account. U never know when u might need it even though u don't wanna use BOI :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

hussey wrote:
    Close it to show them why you moved
    When enough people move they may think about charging people less

LoL no they won't. Banks only make money on business accounts, they don't care about us normal plebs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

True .... im keeping it open - never know when it might be needed ... many rainy days in ireland ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement