Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV With Linksys?

• 04-07-2005 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭

Anyone tried using a Linksys wireless gateway thingy for UTV ? Was working fine all weekend. Turned it off this morning come home and it wont connect to the internet. Phoned linksys up who are little or no help!

Anyone have any suggestions. Something about LLC not being found...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Yep - I've used (and still am) a Linksys Wireless ADSL gateway WAG54G for well over a year now, with UTV's "standard" Clicksilver package (not for long though!) and no problems...

I can't see what LLC has to do with anything - it's a type of multiplexing, found in the basic setup (the other option being VC).

The only message I've ever had with the Linksys which can be a bit confusing when you first encounter it, is that the PPPoE authentication fails - this happens if you go over your cap and you have UTV boot you off... You're then only able to connect the next month over...

Can you maybe post up a screen grab of the error? Are all your other settings correct (VPI/VCI, etc)?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

damnyanks wrote:
    Anyone tried using a Linksys wireless gateway thingy for UTV ? Was working fine all weekend. Turned it off this morning come home and it wont connect to the internet. Phoned linksys up who are little or no help!

Anyone have any suggestions. Something about LLC not being found...

I use a wag54g too and have had no problems with it so far. It did seem a bit slow to connect today but after that no problems.

Have you tried doing a complete set up all over again? i.e. putting in your utv settings again?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I have just bought a WAG54G for use on clicksilver.

I have updated the firmware, and reset to factory settings, but I cannot access the internet.

I have input the correct UTV settings, and I get a green light on the internet bit, but cannot access any sites.

Are there any other settings to input on the router?

Thanks,

Ro

Advertisement