Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommendations for nightlife

Options
  • 04-07-2005 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi

Moving to Dublin pretty soon and wondered if anyone had a recommendations for good nights out that play rock and metail music??

Looking for somewhere with a fairly young crowd? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Really only two places

Fibbers (off the top of O'Connell Street)

and

Bruxelles (off Grafton Street)

Both places carry a mix of young and old. Havent been to Fibbers in years, much prefer Brux.

Bruxelles has a DJ Thursday, Friday and Saturdays - not sure about Fibbers aswell as the usual jukebox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 maria:0)

Cool.....I've been to Bruxelles before and enjoyed it...might give the other one ago when I get over

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Pinhead

Fibbers smells like the Liffey. It's stomach-retching. The only good thing they have going for them is the jukebox.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i was there last week and the little hallway outside the bar (where the toilets are when you go down the stairs) absolutely reeked. like seriously reek like nothing i've ever smelled before. and to make matters worse, some guy was chatting up a chick in the hall...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Pinhead

If I stuck my head up my arse, it'd still smell nicer. And I've been drinking The Black Stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

Yeah Bruxelles is a good spot, check out there on sunday or saturday this weekend, you'll probably spot Dave Grohl and co in there, they normally hang out in there when they're in town.

The Foggy Dew at the side of the Central Bank just off Dame St is a good spot too, good DJ on a friday night.

Whelans on Wexford St is more rock than metal but a great spot too as is The Village which is next door

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Yep - theres often a bit of metal in the Voodoo Lounge on the quays too - but you should check in advance first because it requires effort to get there - and its often quite quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭gokgok

There's a metal/rock/punk night on in The Long Bar, Dalymount on the 23rd July, the beer is cheap and music loud. Have a look at the link in my signature for flyer.

Daire

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭Gross Halfwit

Dorans during a Psychotic Reaction night as the bands sometimes stay round and do a DJ spot. Cause that place is going all funking pop these daysd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

bruxelles is a bit of a piss hole the last while, no heinikin on a few occassions, and when they do have it it's generally manky (as is the carlsberg, stella, etc, etc) , some of the bar staff have a bad attitude (I mean they're dicks).

only good thing about it is the music, and even then that can be crap too sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

its not as bad as cork thats all ill say there is one smelly pub

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

if your referring to the brog in cork then that doesnt even play metal anymore, its a shell of its former self that place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

New metal club started up last night downstairs in Mischief on South William Street.. It's on every Saturday.
    €3 in, pints €4 and cocktails €5. Didn't go myself, but the census on Metal Ireland seemed to be generally positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

its not as bad as cork thats all ill say there is one smelly pub
    which one would that be??

ya the brog aint as hot as it used to be.w need a more rockier thing down here, freakscene is ****e too.fecking radio rock with there crappy modest mouse and franzferdinands.

Is there not a place in Cork called Fred Zeppelins? I've never been to it but a friend tells me its pretty good.

Is there not a place in Cork called Fred Zeppelins? I've never been to it but a friend tells me its pretty good.
    if you like dodgy pints, small rooms and crap gigs its very good.

dimerocks wrote:
    if you like dodgy pints, small rooms and crap gigs its very good.

Im so there!

Advertisement