Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RVDs return

• 04-07-2005 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone else get the impression that RVD is going to be pushed to the stars on his in ring return? I certainly do anyways.

Since One Night Stand, there seems to be an emphasis on his return, and the WWE are known for pushing superstars returning from inhury. He was given plenty on the mic on Raw, and build himself up, in a nicely aggressive way.

What kind of stoyline do people see him going into? I think its a given that on his return he will go into an IC feud with Carlito, but that doesnt really constitute a massive push, as he has been around that area all his wwe life.

I would like to think that he will go into a feud with HHH, complaining that HHH has carried the top spot too long, now ist time that some new blood took over. Whether Trips would put him over is another question.

So what do you reckon, and please, be creative.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Well I certainly think he'll do better on Raw than on Smackdown. They really dropped the ball with RVD over on Smackdown. Same goes for the Dudleys.

I think he'll feud with Carlito for the IC title but I don't think he will win the belt as I see them leaving the belt with Carlito.

My guess is he'll find himself in some decent feuds with guys like Y2J, Edge and Angle. I would love to see him in the WWE title picture but from what I hear, Edge v Cena is tipped to be the main feud around Summerslam and I imagine Triple Naitch will still be in the spotlight. Kurt Angle has spoken of how Vince was reluctant to give him the title with his recent bad luck with injuries but that he now feels he will get a chance to hold gold. I see Angle having a good run in future, but I don't know about Van Dam.

If it was up to me, I would pit RVD against Bischoff and continue to work on Bischoff's hatred for ECW. I would even go so far as to allow RVD win the next Rumble but it's doubtful WWE management will go down that route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

I feel that the best thing that could happen RVD is a heel turn shortly after coming back, some of his best work in ECW was as a heel. The thing is with all the movement to RAW it's hard to see him getting a main event push as he'd have to get ahead of CENA, Angle, HHH, HBK and Edge.

They are definitly setting up a feud with Carlito but I think RVD doesn't need the IC belt. A feud with Angle as he was one of the leaders of the "Crusaders" would be nice but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Ideal situation for RVD would be a feud with Angle then turn heel and feud with HBK. Matches between those guys would be class, and then a title push!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I think it would be cool to see an RVD/Carlito feud but just to get him back into the ring properly (RVD/HHH would be too early and not enough impact). I hope by then Carlito has lost the IC belt cause that would make it easier for Carlito to put RVD over. But hopefully we'll see him put up where he belongs by next year.

I'd rather him not take on HHH (if HHH is champ by then :rolleyes: ) at all cause we all know HHH owns the title and would screw RVD just like everyone. I would like to see RVD as more of Angle/HBK main event guy where he wouldnt have to be champ to get the respect he deserves.

Advertisement