Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GameCon 7 - 36 Hour Gaming Event (Xbox/PS2/GC/PC)

Options
  • 04-07-2005 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

gc7.jpg

Ireland biggest gaming event is back. GameCon 7 will once again be held in the CityWest Hotel but this time around we are going for 36 hours straight!! Can you handle that much gaming?

Date: 5th to the 7th of August
    Time: Day 1 = 9pm on the 5th to 9am on the 7th

Venue: CityWest Hotel Saggart, Co Dublin, Ireland Click here for a map

Price: €40 (€30 if you pre-pay)

Places: 200

Book your place now!

What can you expect?

Well GameCon truly is a multimedia games party, complete with, PC LAN with 1 meg internet connection. Its an all format gaming weekend so you can expect PC, Xbox, PS2, GameCube and handhelds. Throughout the event we will be hosting numerous competitions with some truly excellent prizes

Features include:

Wireless Network
    BroadBand internet Access
    Free Parking

What you need to bring:

All the standard stuff.
    Power strip
    PC
    Monitor
    Mouse
    Keyboard
    Power cables
    Network cables (I do have a good few here but a couple extra long ones will always come in handy)
    Games
    Food/money
    Headphones
    General LAN bits

Console Gamers should bring a console, TV and a powerstrip. Network will be provided.

Games to be played inclued:

Battlefield 2
    HalfLife 2
    Counter Strike
    Halo 2
    FarCry
    Call of Duty
    Unreal Tournament 2004
    Splinter Cell 3
    C&C Generals
    Dead or Alive Ultima
    UEFA Champions League
    Pro Evo 4
    Soul Calibur 2
    Project Gotham 2
    Topspin
    NFS Underground 2

What are you waiting for? Book your place now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Signed up already but on the signup screen it says that only peeps who pre-pay will get to stay for the 36 hr's, is this true? tbh i'd rather not prepay, need all the money i can get at the mo but whats the dealio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭RotalicaV

I can handle 36hrs of gaming, i couldn't handle 36hrs of boards.ie users. No Offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

RotalicaV wrote:
    I can handle 36hrs of gaming, i couldn't handle 36hrs of boards.ie users. No Offence.
    after being to boards beers...id tend to agree...

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

Would it be ok to go just to play the consoles, xbox, gamecube etc? Or is it better to and advised to play pc games 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 BloodNinjaCult

RotalicaV wrote:

Finally, a user I can relate to, lol :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭BluE-WinG

RotalicaV wrote:

lol not to worry, only about 5-10% of the attendance is boards.ie users, the majority arent :)

Bubba wrote:
    Would it be ok to go just to play the consoles, xbox, gamecube etc? Or is it better to and advised to play pc games 2?

That would be fine, we have over 50 people just bringing their own consoles and tv's and playing them for the entire session. Its best to bring your own console/tv as we have very limited spare consoles setup.

jonnybadd wrote:
    Signed up already but on the signup screen it says that only peeps who pre-pay will get to stay for the 36 hr's, is this true? tbh i'd rather not prepay, need all the money i can get at the mo but whats the dealio?

You do not have to prepay to come early, however you will be charged the full €40 if you dont, my recommendation to you would be to prepay a week before the event, once you know you will be attending, that way you save the tenner.

Coolaboola, signed up, will probably prepay when i free some cash up, see you there

jonnybadd wrote:
    Coolaboola, signed up, will probably prepay when i free some cash up, see you there

What will ya be playing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

I assume there's some kind of rule against sleeping, yes?

Is this whole thing more geared towards people with more than an average gaming ability and interest?

Is there an age limit?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

36 hours of gaming eh ? Well thats quite simply wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

will there be xbox comps, in either rugby 2005 or pes4 ?

BluE-WinG wrote:
    What will ya be playing?

PC-wise I play COD mostly but I play most games that shall be played so ill throw my oar in to them all if i can.

Since i got my PC my consoling has gone to muck, so doubt ill be playing much, though i used to be decent at SC2 so ill see if i can still play (probably not)

I have some great news for you all about GameCon 7

Firstly Microsoft will be bringing the Xbox 360 to GameCon 7. So you will all get a hands on impression of this new badboy before it hits the shops.

Sony have signed up as a sponsor. What this means is a greater Playstation presence at the show, more prizes and for GameCon 7 they will be showcasing the PSP so those of you who haven’t got your hands on an imported one will get to try it out.

Extravison have also become sponsors. Again this means more coverage and more prizes as well as some new faces from the Extravision crew giving you lads a run for the goodies.

Finally, Drum roll please, In association with our Good friends at Creative Labs we are 90% Confirmed to have Fatal1ty coming to the next event. Check out his website if you haven’t heard of him. Basically Fatal1ty is the worlds number 1 FPS player and not only will he be taking on all comers at GameCon but we will run a special competition with €2500 prize money if you can beat him.

The only reason I say 90% and not 100 is we have to confirm that he has the date free. I will confirm him as soon as we find out. Still don’t miss out on a chance to take on the worlds best.

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

jonnybadd wrote:
    PC-wise I play COD mostly but I play most games that shall be played so ill throw my oar in to them all if i can.

Since i got my PC my consoling has gone to muck, so doubt ill be playing much, though i used to be decent at SC2 so ill see if i can still play (probably not)

Thats cool, you will find a large number of COD players including a lump of them from my clan. + there will be a nice comp taking place for it aswell.

Advertisement