Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: Repeats

Options
  • 04-07-2005 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

Okay so I just finished 1st Mech Eng, and I've failed about 4 of the summer exams, so I'm lookin to repeat 'em in August....

The thing is, I can't find hardly any info on the net about doin 'em! I've downloaded the re-entry form, and that's raised some new questions - i.e. how do i pay per repeated exam? Who do I pay it to and how/where?

On the exams results screen, what exactly does it mean when it says "CF" next to a subject name?
    e.g. I got 70% in Materials Science and it said "CF", instead of "pass" next to that subject.....wtf?

Where do I send the re-entry form once I've completed it?

Can someone please help me out here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Pod 78

http://www.ucd.ie/exams/html/generalinfo/important.htm
    for your info- give the exam's office a call or call in to the Admin building-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Hey tough luck on the exams - if it makes you feel any better I failed a lot mare than 4 in my time in UCD engineering. CF means carry forward, it essentially means you carry that subject forward to the following year, i.e. you don't have to repeat it. It's essentially just the same as pass!

Whenever I failed I just brought the re-entry form, along with a cheque for the exams into the administration building. They will have one counter set aside to deal with people dropping in the re-entry forms, and the staff behind the counter are usually quite knowledgeable if you have any Q's about what goes on the form. I think its about e180 to repeat, no matter how many exams your doing. Hope this helped! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭pbsuxok1znja4r

^It did, thanks a lot. I will now stop being lazy and study for exams in future...

Advertisement