Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon tats

Options
  • 04-07-2005 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭

I am interested in getting a tattoo of a dragon and have done some research online but still have seen nothing I like. Anyone know of anywhere in Dublin that have good ones that are charged at relatively normal prices?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I got a dragon tattoo done a few months ago in the Wild Eagle in Jervis Lane. I brought in my own design and he altered it a bit. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out and recommend him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Stephanos

cheers for that I will go and have a goo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

I want to get a dragon tattoo aswell but I would like to get it done by a proper Japanese tattooist if possible, are there any of these in Ireland or can anybody recomend someone with alot of experience doing dragons?
    Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

I got a dragon tattoo about three weeks ago, by Mark in Inkwell. It might no be quite what you're thinking of though:) it's the one lying down in the attached photo - I'm getting the other one in two weeks. They are, or will be, on the tops of my feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

What kind of dragon tatto is for you? The main two distinctions are between the Eastern dragon and the Western dragon. The Easter dragon is regarded as a benevolent protector of people, dispenser of life-giving water, and herald of fertility and good fortune. The Western dragon, on the other hand, is an evil creature that destroys villages and collects and guards huge hoards of treasure. For more information about the different types of dragons go to: What is a dragon.

^ http://www.draconian.com/artwork/tattoos/tattoos.htm

So, all depends what style you're looking for. The Eastern or Western or Traditional or Biomech.

• Advertisement

I want to get an eastern dragon, probably a japanese one, possibly chinese though, still doing my research. Is there any signifigance to whether the dragon is facing up or down your back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

Have a chat with Eoin in South Ink. He has some beautiful examples of his own Japanese artwork on the walls of his studio and lots of photos of his tattoos to see. He freehanded a stunning bonsai tree on my brothers sleeve and was finishing off an amazing phoenix cover up when I was there, the nicest phoenix ive seen! That made me decide to go with him. Japanese style work seems to be his forte. I'm booking in for a Koi fish with him next week. woop woop! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭KhuntChops

60 euros got me a dragon tattoo along my side at 16 in......wait for it,THE MINT :D

Oh yes oh yes lol He drew it on free hand for me and all!

Goodluck in your search for your dragon tatt ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

Stephanos wrote: »
    I am interested in getting a tattoo of a dragon and have done some research online but still have seen nothing I like. Anyone know of anywhere in Dublin that have good ones that are charged at relatively normal prices?

Different artists have different styles. Post some pics of drangons you like and it will give a better idea to people. Dont know any one in Dublin but here is one I like:

http://www.thefamilybusinesstattoo.com/gallery2/v/motoplevel/newgallery/DSCN1553.JPG.html

This is as close to the dragon I want that I can find, slightly different rotation but the style is the same.
    http://www.tattooartists.org/Image.asp?ImgFile=Img136434_SV500129.JPG

Anybody able to recomend someone who does these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭DinoBot

This is as close to the dragon I want that I can find, slightly different rotation but the style is the same.
    http://www.tattooartists.org/Image.asp?ImgFile=Img136434_SV500129.JPG

Anybody able to recomend someone who does these?

Looks good ! I like that style dragon myself. I will eventually get a dragon tattoo. Have a few more planned first however.

Id say best thing to do is go into a few shops in Dublin and look at their work and judge for yourself.
    Be patient with your artist selection, it will pay off in the end.

How much do you think it would cost ?

Havent a clue how much it will cost, better start saving anyway, I dont think it will be cheap. I have another design for my shoulder to get done first so I'm not in any rush to decide who is doing the dragon, I just want to research it well and find the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

KhuntChops wrote: »
    60 euros got me a dragon tattoo along my side at 16 in......wait for it,THE MINT :D

Oh yes oh yes lol He drew it on free hand for me and all!

Goodluck in your search for your dragon tatt ;)
    Ah the mint now theres a trip down memory lane.I got tattooed there as well when i was 17 didnt even look 17 i looked much younger

Advertisement