Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ftp problem

Options
  • 04-07-2005 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

just noticed this yesterday, anytime i try to connect to a ftp server to try and download anything (using firefox & ie) i always get a mmessage saying document contains no data, any ideas?

eg, trying to download the patch for boiling point, grrr makes me angry as i cant connect to any server!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Downloaded the Boiling Point Patch earlier at 72MB...took about 6 or 7 minutes.

Use Flashget and download this:
    ftp://ftp.download-center.com/international/boilingpoint/BOILING-POINT-EUROPE_RETAIL-UPDATE1_1.EXE
    I was getting 210KByte/s from it about an hour ago.

Who is your Broadband provider??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

fireftp

Firefox ftp extension

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

irish slow band :-(

i managed to find a page that i could connect to finally

but this problem is with any downloading form an ftp site using a browser, it was never like that before

any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

If you really want to use a good FTP prog then get FlashFXp or just use Flashget for downloading from HTTP/FTP sources.

What type Download/Upload stats are you getting from IBB?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

crappy crappy crap crap :D

anywhere from 8k to 30k stupid slow band

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

I find Firefox has appalling FTP support, and FireFTP ain't that much better. I can't browse around inside my personal FTP with firefox when i'm inside my lan. I can't connect with FireFTP to any FTP behind a proxy (For some odd reason). Logging in with a password is a pain because i can never remember the syntax to type in the info into a URL. IE has a nice handy popup where you insert username and password!

Actually, i think i'll go and put up a feature request about it! Its been bugging me for quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Off to Nets/Comms we go.

Advertisement