Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for Month of July

Options
  • 04-07-2005 8:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Liasten going fishing in blackwater from the 17th for seven days..whats good for bait this year.. and what wieght line should i use?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭byrnenj

I'm no expert, in fact I'm a re-beginner, but I don't think you can too far wrong with a few cans of sweet corn and maggots.

Best thing to do is to "feed your swim"...that's the latest thing I learnt! Every so often (maybe every 10 mins) throw some maggots into the area of your bait! You want to attrct fish to your area and keep them feeding there. Even when you start catching keep them interested by trowing ina few freebies!

There are some good links in the stickies.

This is good - Handbook style thing

Check out the links sticky!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

The Blackwater is my regular...where abouts are you heading for ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Cojack

no idea what so ever.... going to a mates place.... listen do i weight feathers?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Dont use feathers for freshwater fishing.. try some worms/maggots and even the odd slug.
    Bread/sweetcorn is also good if your afraid of the wriggleys and slimeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Depends what species you're targeting Cojack....the Blackwater holds good stocks of coarse fish & a good head of Salmon & trout.

Maggots are probably the best alround bait - but check the area you are fishing as many parts of the Blackwater are subject to you holding an insurance permit - available at any local tackle shop.

• Advertisement
Advertisement