Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How did you get into FF games?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

FF7 was the first of the series to make it here as far as i know.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm not sure but I think FFVI/FF3 was released in Europe but had quite a limited print run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Sugarbear

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I'm not sure but I think FFVI/FF3 was released in Europe but had quite a limited print run.

Ahh i'm just confused now as to what game I was actually playing....bear in mind I was only a kid, and I can't remember that much. I remember there was a guy in it called Cecil harvey or something of the like, can anyone tell me if that was VI or IV? Ohhh and just to clear things up, my dad was a heavy gamer, and used to get a lot of imports from the states, so it's possible some of the games I've played as a child were never released here or were rare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Yook

The first FF game I played was FF III (or VI as its known over here now for the PSX). I was sick from school for two weeks (back in like 93/94 in LA) and my sisters boyfriend gave me a loan of a SNES and a couple of games, the first game I picked was FF III and didn't put it down till I cleared it.

I still play the damn game, its just so much fun!

EDIT: Just to make it crystal for everyone:

FF II (USA) == FF IV (JAP)
    FF III (USA) == FF VI (Euro PSX)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Sugarbear

Yook wrote:
    The first FF game I played was FF III (or VI as its known over here now for the PSX). I was sick from school for two weeks (back in like 93/94 in LA) and my sisters boyfriend gave me a loan of a SNES and a couple of games, the first game I picked was FF III and didn't put it down till I cleared it.

I still play the damn game, its just so much fun!

That's pretty cool, I used to play Final Fantasy games when I was sick too, cause they'd have you so caught up in the story and battles, you'd forget you were sick in bed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

Mad, I actually started into the square series with secret of mana. After playing that, I was hooked, so after getting a playstation I looked for other square games. FFVIII was the first I came across so I bought it and loved every second of it! I thought it was a great game! While waiting for IX to come out I played IV V and VI, VI was my favourite from the snes. Then I got IX and again I loved every minute of it! X was ok, it was more the graphics then the gameplay that impressed me though. And now I'm waiting on XII

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

what about VII zapho?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I was about 11 at the time and I rented ff 7 from xtra vision after my friend talking about it alot. Rented bout 4 times from xtra vision because i never had enough money to buy it, then some money came my way and i bought it right away. I played right up until the third disk ( i think one of the final battles) and then for some reason i cant remember, i stopped playing it. Kinda wierd, and I got ff 8 when it came out and enjoyed it but again never finished it.... ah

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Just saw one of the FMV scenes form FFVII on some games show and fell in love with the series from then. Visually FFIX or X are the best but overall FFVII is without doubt the best

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,402 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sugarbear wrote:
    Ahh i'm just confused now as to what game I was actually playing....bear in mind I was only a kid, and I can't remember that much. I remember there was a guy in it called Cecil harvey or something of the like, can anyone tell me if that was VI or IV? Ohhh and just to clear things up, my dad was a heavy gamer, and used to get a lot of imports from the states, so it's possible some of the games I've played as a child were never released here or were rare.

Thats FFIV in japan and FF2 in america.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Final Fantasies II, III and V never made it to the US originally, only I first of all, hence why IV was called II, because it was the second FF to be released in the US. FF VI would have been the third FF game in the US, hence why it was III, then funnily enough, they switched back to VII and continued the series.

Of course, you can buy I & II on the GBA now, and previously the PS1. Additionally, you could buy IV & V and VI, but never III...

III is in development for the DS. There is also a fully translated patch for the rom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I vaguely remember about III coming on the DS... What will be done with it and is it possible to get any other FF games on the DS? I'd prolly buy them all at that rate, lol. Most likely, I'll need to buy I & II on the GBA, which I remember seeing at Game Stars Live this time last year... I remember seeing the DS specs too, which looked impressive.

Advertisement