Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripped off by ESB

• 04-07-2005 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

We are being ripped of by the ESB with a meter that is over reading by an average factor of > 4. Since Dec 1995 the ESB have overcharged us and taken by Direct Debit approx Euro14,000. They wont provide us with a statement becase we will be able to calculate the exact amount. This over read has been professionally proved. ESB have admitted they are overcharging us in the only correspondence; an e-mail dated 7 june 2005 but no refund!.

ESB are arrogant and treat consumers as morons. Simple controls would prevent his happening to anyone. Are You being ripped off? Are you paying by Direct Debit. Try testing your banks DD Indemnity!!!!

We have a complete history of this available

JC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

With all due respects, it sounds like you have not taken this up correctly with the ESB! If they have "ripped you off" by €14K you need to do more than rant on this board.

You say that your meter is overcharging by a factor of 4 and that this has been going on for 10 years? So in 1996, your bill was 4 times your 1995 bill? Should you not have asked questions some years ago? This sounds like a simple control to me. Are you a domestic or commercial customer.

They won't provide you "with a statement"? What do you mean?

Furthermore, if the ESB admitted that there is a problem with the meter on june 7 of this year your hardly allowing them much time to rectify the problem! That's less than a month a go. Just because you don't get an instant response doesn't mean they are arrogant or morons. They have to investigate the case as well.

We have a complete history of this available ... what do you mean?

This is not exactly an example of "rip off Ireland"!!! However, there is a valid point being raised here. Who owns and is responsible for calibrating the meter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Complainging about the price of electricity in this country compared to other countries would be a valid rip off ireland thread. A billing error, however large, isnt really a rip off issue.

I was left short 50c in my chane at the McDonalds drive through yesterday, this is a bloody rip off country. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Stekelly wrote:
    Complainging about the price of electricity in this country compared to other countries would be a valid rip off ireland thread. A billing error, however large, isnt really a rip off issue.

I was left short 50c in my chane at the McDonalds drive through yesterday, this is a bloody rip off country. :)

Put the 50C towards some slimfast, you'll need it after eating Mcdonalds....

Advertisement