Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newmarket Tips

• 04-07-2005 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

Soviet Song in 3.05 at Newmarket shouldn't be far away.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I think it's too hard to seperate Soviet Song, Peeress and Sundrop. My head says Soviet Song but my heart say Peeress.

In situations like that, I stay away from the race.

No racing for me today folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭bullock

Sky News gave this Tip this morning .... Halle Bop at New Market at 4:15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭thewools

bullock wrote:
    Sky News gave this Tip this morning .... Halle Bop at New Market at 4:15.

Horses stable is in form......a no bet for me though!!! Tough race...

I selected this horse in a TTC on a different forum...might get lucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Anyone else think Penkenna Princess (nmkt 3.05) is a huge price at 28/1 with vc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

i was thinking that but what about selective in the 1.20 at 18/1

Cant see it myself, what attracts you to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

I've gone for

1.20 Jools

2.30 Salut Damour

3.05 Soviet Song

4.15 Bird Over

Steddy Eddy's each way earner today is Everest in the 1.20 at Newmarket.

clusk007 wrote:
    I've gone for

1.20 Jools

2.30 Salut Damour

3.05 Soviet Song

4.15 Bird Over

why?

• Advertisement

CiaranC wrote:
    Cant see it myself, what attracts you to it?

Well i reckon Presumptive will win it but if not his guy has a chance. I really just think it is anybodys race it was 18/1 and is gone to 16/1. just my choice only did a small ew

Selective

Won at course NO
    Won over distance YES
    Won on going YES
    Placed on going YES

sjones wrote:

whos steddy eddy ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

sjones wrote:

I really hope Everest doesn't win today, it would be a travesty for the sport if an animal whose connections have made sure hasn't tried in a single race this season in order to get his handicap mark down were to win.

It's no surprise to see it's part owned by the people behind the 2 biggest tipping lines in the UK.

One of those tipping lines has tipped it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭clusk007

sjones wrote:
    why?

Jools because he won a class 3 two weeks ago over the same distance and he's a good price with a decent jockey.

Bird Over ive won on a few times so i chose this more with my heart than my head.

The other 2 are obvious enough choices.

1.20 - Newmarket
    1st: 6 Kamanda Laugh 16-1
    2nd: 7 Unshakable (IRE) 9-1
    3rd: 11 Selective 16-1
    4th: 3 Nero's Return (IRE) 16-1

Amazingly i got 2nd 3rd and 4th place woot. happy days :D

I'm going split stakes in the 1:50 on Pike Bishop and Viking Spirit.
    Pike Bishop looked a group horse last season, he can be forgiven his first run of the season as he was off injured for a year. He looks nicely handicapped.

Viking Spirit is always there or thereabouts, only been unplaced twice, conditions looked ideal and decent jock on board.

Both selections are drawn quite high so fingers crossed there's advantage with being drawn low, from the first race there didn't appear to be much of a draw advantage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

horse-tracker has just informed me of a horse running today - Dhekraa...2.30

Seems up against it today against some proven form horses. However, she fits the profile of a steadily improving horse and after her winning debut she was hampered all over the place in her next start and never landed a blow. I think if she had had a clear run that day she would have finished in the places (the race La Chunga beat Rumblestilskin at York) and wold not be 12-1 today. I would condsider this a race full of dark horses and would rate this one as top of the list of place contenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Morgans

It was mentioned that Halle Bob's trainer is in form - I dont think that 2 wins in 2 weeks would be classed as a good fortnight for Saeed Bin Surroor. Even before his fall on saturday, Dettori had said that he wouldnt win the jockeys championship this season because of the backwardness of the stable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭derek23

My selection for today....

Alexander Goldrun in the 3.05

Horse seems to be coming to form now since the polly stakes,Came from last to first and has loads of speed and i think the stiffer track in newmarket should really suit today.
    Some good horse's in the race today but i dont think Soviet will be on song today.

• Advertisement

fade2black wrote:
    horse-tracker has just informed me of a horse running today - Dhekraa...2.30

Seems up against it today against some proven form horses. However, she fits the profile of a steadily improving horse and after her winning debut she was hampered all over the place in her next start and never landed a blow. I think if she had had a clear run that day she would have finished in the places (the race La Chunga beat Rumblestilskin at York) and wold not be 12-1 today. I would condsider this a race full of dark horses and would rate this one as top of the list of place contenders.

I really can't see SALUT D'AMOUR being beaten today. He has had 5 runs, his form is 21412 and he has the best draw in the race (4). His last race was 20 days ago where he came second (Dhekraa ran 18 days ago and came 5th).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

fade2black wrote:
    I would condsider this a race full of dark horses and would rate this one as top of the list of place contenders.

Ive had a small EW bet on Penkenna Princess in the 3.05.

Should be a cagey, tactical race which might leave the door open for her. Got bumped around in the Guineas, should have more breathing space here, so Im disregarding that piece of form. Beaten by a short head in the Irish 1000 guineas by Saoire. Will like the ground, has won group 3 and group 2 races on similar surface.

Theres serious quality here, and some are bound to get past her, but 33/1 is a ridiculous price, shes no where near that far off the pace.

I've had a EW small bet on Queen of Fire at 2:30 at 12/1. She's beat a horse called Crimson on her debut by 12 lengths, both Dhekraa and Nannina have both beaten the same horse but by nowhere near the distance as Queen of Fire.

The favourite Salut D'Amour is rock solid form wise and is the most likely winner but at 5/4 is well worth opposing.

2.30 DONNA BLINI 12/1
    Salut D'Amour 10/11f
    Spinning Queen 7/1

Well I'll be damned. This is why I am not betting today.

Before today Donna Blini only had 2 runs (came 2nd in last race, won first race) and his last race was 34 days ago. He was the horse that had went the longest time without a race. His form is now 121 after today. Into my notebook you go!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Im all in on only one race today and thats Soviet Song @7/4

Please let there be a gambling god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

sjones wrote:
    I really can't see SALUT D'AMOUR being beaten today. He has had 5 runs, his form is 21412 and he has the best draw in the race (4). His last race was 20 days ago where he came second (Dhekraa ran 18 days ago and came 5th).
    Before today Donna Blini only had 2 runs (came 2nd in last race, won first race) and his last race was 34 days ago. He was the horse that had went the longest time without a race. His form is now 121 after today. Into my notebook you go!
    The Cherry Hinton is a race for fillies.
    Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine, nothing personal. :)
    sjones wrote:
    Well I'll be damned. This is why I am not betting today.
    I'm with you on this. The whole card today had a look about it of possible upsets / form-swings / unknown quantities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Morgans

I wouldnt read that much into the amount of time between races. If there is maybe a two-three month break between races, then it might become significant but often it is more important to understand how hard a race a horse had. Each horse will take a different amount out of him/herself throughout a race and will require a different amount of time to regain full form.

soviet song wins

• Advertisement

whooosh

What a horse.

Advertisement