Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Messed up placepot slip

• 04-07-2005 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭

I had a 1 euro placepot slip on Windsor today. I would have won except in the 5th race i wrote down horse 2 (a 25-1 outsider) by accident, when of course i meant to write down horse 12 (hot favourite).

I'm guessing it would have brought in excess of 100 euro. There were two races were the favourites were unplaced. Anyone know a way of calculating how much i would have got.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

check the results on text. You'll see an placepot result, if it's, we'll say, 34.46, it means you would have won.......34.46. If you had done a 2 euro placepot...double it..and so on.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

I checked aertel. i couldn't see anything about placepot results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭Crumbs

It was €23.20, as can be seen here. Unlucky man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭StephenInsane

Thanks a mill crumbs. I was dying to know what it would be.
    I was sure it would be a much bigger sum, 23 bucks is nice, but i can really live without it!

Noticed Brightons placepot was 666.60. A very evil normal, but would have been nice to win all the same. if the Windsor placepot was anywhere close, i would be very upset about my error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Crumbs wrote:
    It was €23.20, as can be seen here. Unlucky man.

Thats not necessaryly right, are the placepots computer calculated or is it a pool? If it were a pool then the dividend might have been significantly higher if the 25/1 had won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Thanks a mill crumbs. I was dying to know what it would be.
    I was sure it would be a much bigger sum, 23 bucks is nice, but i can really live without it!

Noticed Brightons placepot was 666.60. A very evil normal, but would have been nice to win all the same. if the Windsor placepot was anywhere close, i would be very upset about my error.
    Dont look at what WOULD happen, it will only annoy you, trust me. I was thinking of putting 50 e/w on Bindari in Ascot at 10/1 but decided not to. He wins, i know what i would have made.....im annoyed!!! :D

Healio wrote:
    Thats not necessaryly right, are the placepots computer calculated or is it a pool? If it were a pool then the dividend might have been significantly higher if the 25/1 had won.
    It's a pool, so true, if the 25/1 shot had been placed, it would have upped the dividend and Stephen would have won that (but by mistake). The placepot selection he meant to make however, did come in, and so he would have won €23.20 only for that writing error.

Ah ha, i was a bit tired last night!

"Tired", yeah...

Lois: You're drunk again.
    Peter: No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking.

*holds up hands* :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement