Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pass and Then Fail after order

• 04-07-2005 11:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

There are some anecdotes doing the rounds about lines passing for the 2Mbit packages (mainly) and the line not sustaining it.

Were people charged for downgrading to 1Mbit (if that was sustainable)

Has anoyone been rejected _after_ their line showed as a pass on the database and how did they get on afterwards ?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Sponge Bob wrote:
    There are some anecdotes doing the rounds about lines passing for the 2Mbit packages (mainly) and the line not sustaining it.

Were people charged for downgrading to 1Mbit (if that was sustainable)

Has anoyone been rejected _after_ their line showed as a pass on the database and how did they get on afterwards ?

About six months ago a friend of mine applied to UTV (his line consistently having passed the test prior to this) only to be told that his line no longer passed. In the meantime he had purchased a cordless phone :rolleyes:

Having disconected the phone his line was again showing as passing. However UTV got themselves into some sort of apathetic loop whereby they would not bother reprocessing his application. Only the intervention of the 'all powerful' Carl got it sorted out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I went online to UTV today and Digiweb as well. Ran line tests on both and showed as line fail even though I'm on a 1meg package from Digiweb. I just ran the test on Digiweb as the UTV one failed. I'm thinking of changing provider and Esat BT passed ok as did Eircom.

Mind boggles.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

alleepally wrote:
    I went online to UTV today and Digiweb as well. Ran line tests on both and showed as line fail even though I'm on a 1meg package from Digiweb. I just ran the test on Digiweb as the UTV one failed. I'm thinking of changing provider and Esat BT passed ok as did Eircom.

Mind boggles.

AFAIK they all use the same Eircom database. Lines that already have bb regularly fail the test.

Advertisement