Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alvarion/IBB Equipment

• 05-07-2005 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the Address is for the alvarion equipment supplied by Irish Broadband. I downloaded a bunch of software from alvarion but all the programs ask for the address of the equipment. Or if nobody knows the address mabey someone can tell me the name of software that can.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

what software did you get?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i'm interested in this too - i believe it's on a 10.0.0.x subnet but i'm not sure. It would be great if they were SNMP enabled as i could just monitor them like i would anything else. I'm sure IBB won't be happy bunnies about this. You could probably change the sector too.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

I think it is here - http://www.alvarion.com/runtime/splash_ns.asp

When the guys did my install I overheard them reading back the IP of the antenna to IBB as definitely a 10.xxx.xxx.xxx address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Here is a link to the software and manual pages the manuals might be of some help Linky
    Pete

does anyone know which manual IBB use?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

people could be on to something here

who needs ibb support when oyu can turn up your own connection :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

they left the box and manual off mine here its a breeze vl
    Pete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

if we knew what subnet the thing was on, the breezeconfig thing could find the IP of the yoke for us. But i don't know the subnet, and i've given up trying different combinations trying to get it right.

but sure the masts are all password protected surely the changed from the default ones?What program you using mut?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

the default username is admin and the default password is alvarion

Default Passwords are: Read only access: public
    installer:user
    Admin: private

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Wasting your time lads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

bruachain wrote:
    Wasting your time lads...
    Probably, but its fun :p All we need is the subnet of the feckin things, then we can view the settings at least. Fine, we can't change anything, BUT we can see whats happening with signal strength etc. That'd be very useful.

i installed the software but i am confused by how to connect to the radio on the roof it mentions somekind of loopback cable in the manuals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 IDUBasher

I was playing around with the software for ages, I even had my 10 scheme address cos the tech left the piece of paper at my home when he left, nothing seemed to work tho. Is it possible they have access blocked to config at customers end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Maybe try running ethereal ?

I dont know much about networking but running ethereal should help u sniff out where all the packets are going and find machines on the network right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭PlasmaFish

It's Point less trying, the Alvarion equipment is pretty advanced when it comes to blocking access to it's configuration manuals even if you try to hold the reset button down on the units power supply,

What can be done if you have access is allot, not only signal quality at your end but the base station too. Also the bandwidth is set here as well as contention ratio. All is configured thru telnet over the wireless link on there end and if you go thru the manuals there is the option to set this.

The devices do support SNMP and I have asked them to enable to for me but they told me to get a SNMP enabled router and do it from there.

The only what I could see it been reset under a practical sense is software based. Something that would need only a MAC address to factory reset. You could email Alvarion Tech support.

Advertisement