Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All these clubs and associations ..

Options
  • 05-07-2005 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Dunno if I'm the only one who's confused but..

There seems to be a lot of shooting clubs/associations with various abbrevations..[ Ssai , Lrra, Ipsc..etc etc... ] So I have some questions.

Who are they .. ?
    What are their aims and interest areas...?
    Who are they affiliated to ..?

Is it possible to come up with a sticky list or a links section with a small "bio" of each .?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Did this before when the board first started up JC. Some stuff has since changed mind, but this is still relatively accurate:
    AssociationsGraph.png

Been meaning to update it of late, I may get something done on it today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Yes ..thats the kind of thing I had in mind ,

Theres a few more since then though , an update would be good.

Working on it JC. Visio's a handy little tool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

The I.P.S.A ( IPSC IRELAND) is the National Controlling Entity of the sport of Practical Shooting in the Republic Of Ireland. We are affailated to the International Practical Shooting Confederation . For further Info our web site is www.ipsc-ireland.org .

Here's what I have so far. There's definitely missing stuff, so sing out if you know what's not there...
    ShootingAssociations.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

GICPC = Glengooley Indoor Clay Pigeon Club.

Indoor Clay Pigeon? And I thought only these guys did that...

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭les45

Well done Sparks, well presented

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

les45 wrote:
    Well done Sparks, well presented
    Hear, hear!

It all make sense now (kinda, sorta :D )

Good job Sparks!

Thanks guys!

• Advertisement

Duh.. ok !"

I suppose it'll do.. :rolleyes:

Great job Sparks.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Whoa ... thats quite a matrix.
    Is that all from the top of your head?

Where does the SSAI (Shooting Sports Association of Ireland) figure in all this..?
    I'm sure theres another one or two others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Ammoman

jaycee wrote:
    Where does the SSAI (Shooting Sports Association of Ireland) figure in all this..?
    I'm sure theres another one or two others.

The SSAI was the NRPAI , there was a name change at the last AGM , but they are the same group .

The SSAI was the NRPAI , there was a name change at the last AGM , but they are the same group .

Ahh yes .. how stupid of me ,
    You know , I remember noteing that at the time of the change .

See I told everyone I was finding all the abbrevations confusing :o

Thanks for the pointer Ammoman.. ;)

Whoa ... thats quite a matrix.
    Is that all from the top of your head?
    Well, yeah, but it's only a lot to take in in one go because you're seeing the whole arrangement there (well, most of it anyways). When you encounter it a bit at a time over a while, it's not difficult to take it all in.
    Ammoman wrote:
    Yeah, but I'm not going to call them the SSAI until they have an AGM where the voting rights are actually adhered to - bringing up motions without prior notice and giving voting rights to people who aren't meant to have them to vote on those motions isn't something you'd want to encourage by acknowleging the results as valid!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Hi,

Just back from holidays and scrolling through what I've missed. That was a good chart you posted on 5th. Any chance you could mail it to me or send it to boards with a link so that it can be printed off on one page?

Home Fri - Robbed Sat night. They took my wallet with my licence in it. :mad: Having it replaced at moment as I need if for the international this weekend. Will be thinking of them when I'm hitting the X :)

Shar.

It's a Visio file LB6, and it's set up for an A3 page! But I'm sure you could shrink it down...
    ShootingAssociations.vsd

And sorry to hear about the wallet, but at least you weren't hurt!

Updated the ShootingAssociations.vsd file:
    ShootingAssociations.png

Advertisement