Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom disconnection procedure

Options
  • 05-07-2005 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Its not 100% related but its very important to alot of potential VOIP subscribers - the procedure of letting your eircom landline go.
    Sorry if its been covered elsewhere - could someone point me to it.

Do you have to give a months notice to eircom to cease your landline?
    Do you have to give written notice?
    Is there a charge?
    If you did want to reconnect at a later stage, is there a way of ceasing your line to minimise the reconnection fee?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Eircom will cease your line when instruced over the phone (you may have to phone from that line and they may want your account number) - it normally takes a couple of days coz it's done as a batch job.
    There is no charge at present for ceasing a line.
    I don't know if there's a way to minmise a reconnect fee.

btw - if you are porting your number over to blueface then don't cease your line until the port is complete (typically 2 weeks)

Eircom will refund you any line rental paid in advance pro-rated - but you will most likely have to phone their Credit Management team on 1800 203101 to get a cheque sent out.

You can phone eircom free on 1901 - this number works from blueface too :)

hth,
    causal

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭fisab

Thanks for the info - much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Unrelated but maybe somebody has an answer to my question: can you get rid of the eircom phone line but still keep the eircom dsl?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

qwertz wrote:
    Unrelated but maybe somebody has an answer to my question: can you get rid of the eircom phone line but still keep the eircom dsl?

I;'ve never heard of a way, you might be able to do it on Eircom Business lines like you can with Esat Business lines but since its Eircom I doubt it ;)

qwertz wrote:

The line belongs to eircom - so you can't 'get rid' of it.
    If available in your area you can use CPS (Carrier Pre Select) to, er, select a different carrier e.g. BT, Smart, Tele2, etc.
    If you use CPS will eircom provide you with broadband - good question - I don't know - and Eircoms Broadband T&C didn't shed much light on things.
    If the CPS company offer broadband - then you can use that rather than eircoms.

hth,
    causal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

qwertz wrote:
    There would be little or no advantage in doing that....

I read one of the documents (forget which one) on comreg's website which was talking about pricing and LLU. It said if there is only data service on the line all the line rental is paid by that provider, rather than just a small additional rental charge for adding ADSL to a voice line (where the bulk of the line rental is paid for the voice service).

You cant win............

You cant win............
    Unless you can avail of Cable or Wireless :D
    (Or you can get the Smart offer of free line rental for life)

causal

Advertisement