Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sallins to Adelaide Rd

• 05-07-2005 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have been offered a job in Adelaide Rd in Dublin 2, but i'm trying to figure out the best way to commute. The train to heuston is only two minutes walk from my house but what I was wondering is the best way to get from there to Adelaide Rd.

The Dublin bus website says there is a 92 bus to stephens green. Has anyone got this bus? How long does it take to get from Heuston to Leeson street/ Stephens green?

I also believe there is another option to get the bus eireann bus from Sallins to Stephens green. Does anyone know how long this takes? The Bus Eireann website doesn't really give much information on where the bus goes enroute to St Stephens green.

Alternatively I have a car and could commute this way (I'd rather use public transport) but an ETA from Sallins to Stephens Green / Adelaide Road would be very much appreciated. ( I have to be in work for 9am)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 629 ✭✭✭enterprise

The 92 is a very relialble route. It operates every 20 mins and I believe there are untimetabled extra services in the morning from Heuston to St. Stephens Green. I admit I've only ever done the route in the off-peak and it takes about 15 minutes end to end. I would allow 30 mins in the peak.

At the St. Stephens Green end it takes a bit of a detour but it actually suits you. Coming up Kildare Street it turns right onto Merrion Row, right on to Pembroke Street, right onto Lesson Street and turn right (again!) on to St. Stephens Green to terminate on the North side of the green.

I hope this helps.

ENTERPRISE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

So if I get off at the end of pembroke street i'm looking at a 10 minute walk to the Harcourt Rd End of Adelaide Rd?
    Where do I have to go to get the 92 back to Heuston?

Thanks for that.

Has anyone ever tried the other options?

The only bus stop on Pembroke Street is at the Baggot Street end. Im not quite sure if the bus stops at the bus stop on Lesson Street as it requires a bit of lane maneuvering by the driver but it mentions it on the timetable therefore you have that in your defense! I will be going up Lesson Street tomorrow so I will check it out for you.

Forgot to add,

You can get the bus from St Stephens Green or where you get off from on the way to work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

enterprise wrote:
    Coming up Kildare Street it turns right onto Merrion Row,
    Left :p

• Advertisement

Alternatively you can leave a bike in Heuston and train - bike it.

Or Luas to Abbey and get say a number 14 | 15A | 15B (very frequent) | 44 | 48A | 48N | to Adelaide Road or 16 | 19 | 19A | 65/B | 83 | to Charlotte Way

Victor wrote:
    Left :p

D'oh!!

I went past Lesson Street today and the 92 is listed on the bus stop.

enterprise wrote:
    I went past Lesson Street today and the 92 is listed on the bus stop.

Excellent. :)

that will make it easy enough to get to work then.
    Victor wrote:
    Alternatively you can leave a bike in Heuston and train - bike it.

Where do you leave the bike? Is there a storage place?
    and is there a charge?

thats another option I hadn't really considered

The cycle parking area is behind the Fasttrack building towards the car park.

There is no charge for leaving a bike there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

The only problem with rail-biking is that most Sallins trains(arrows) come in on platform 1 and the bike area is beyond platform 8.

I do know that nearly all the 8:30am trains(coming from Portlaoise) arrive in to platform 6/7/8 which would suit you and that the 18:00 Portaloise train usually leaves from platform 6 or 8 which again would be handy.
    Each serve only Hazlehatch(no stop at Cherry or Clondalkin).

• Advertisement

evilhomer wrote:
    Where do you leave the bike? Is there a storage place?
    and is there a charge?
    Free. about 500 spaces, some covered and with CCTV.

Might try the biking thing, If I can pull the old bike out of storage.
    but for the moment I will probably Have to go with the bus to Leeson Street and the walk from there.

What ticket on the TaxSaver Commuting scheme would be best suit my needs??
    (Wish Sallins was on the short hop option)

It needs to be monthly (or more) and your employer needs to give it to you.

I imagine you should examine you options. Do you travel out of the office during the day? Or around Dublin at the weekend?

www.luas.ie
    www.dublinbus.ie (has links to the other companies)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

evilhomer wrote:
    Might try the biking thing, If I can pull the old bike out of storage.
    but for the moment I will probably Have to go with the bus to Leeson Street and the walk from there.

What ticket on the TaxSaver Commuting scheme would be best suit my needs??
    (Wish Sallins was on the short hop option)

There are a couple of options with the taxsaver tickets.

A point to point rail Sallins to Heuston Monthly €100 Annual €1000
    A point to point rail with addition for bus routes 90/92 or Luas to city centre* Monthly €117.50 Annual €1175
    A Bus/Rail short hop Monthly €105 Annual €910 and a weekly/monthly/annual point to point Sallins to Hazelhatch. You would have to ring Irish rail for the price, it is unlikely that there is a tax save option on it either.

You would have to do the sums but depending on how much Sallins-Hazelhatch would cost, considering that the short hop bus/rail annual is €275 cheaper than rail + 90/92 it might be a better deal. It also has the advantage of being valid on all buses so you can get one of the ones Victor mentioned earlier and with the annual is valid on Nitelink buses if that is of any use to you.

*I don't know if that means bus or luas as in you can use either |or| you have to choose when buying the ticket and can only use the selected one.

As Victor said your employer needs to sign up to the scheme as you apply through them.

Here is the complete taxsaver information.
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/images/fares_and_tickets/TaxSaver.pdf

Advertisement