Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6230 Memory Card?

• 05-07-2005 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

The memory card for the Nokia 6230... it's just an MMC card yeah? Like this one? I just want to make sure before I get it because I think I read somewhere about it being the Reduced MMC that the Nokia's use... thanks!

Also is the 1GB the largest size around?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Yup just a normal mmc card,altho when you buy a reduced sized mmc you get an adapter with it so it can fit in normal size slots. There is a 2gb mmc card just released but be warned, Nokia will tell you the 6230 can only take up to 128mb as there is only certain types of mmc chips that will work in the 6230.
    Heres a link for the 2gb ; http://thefonedoc.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=118&osCsid=ebb9f181314fc6ece976e17bf4f6b497

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

the 6230 can take 512, while the 6230i can take 1gb.

thats not a bad price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

6230's donot take reduced size mmc , it take sthe normal size mmc card

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭fiachs

thanks for all your replies - when you say that the Nokia only works with certain MMC cards, do you mean that if you get the right card you can go above 512 megs?...

Should I expect that if I get a 512 meg card from the same source as above that it'll work? Or are there other brands that I need to go for? (that fonedoc 2GB card's page claims that it works with the 6230!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The 6230 takes normal sized MMC.
    The Twinmos 1GB one on Komplett works fine with the phone, I've got it myself.
    I'm not sure about the 2GB.

• Advertisement

is your phone a 6230 or 6230i

ciaranfo wrote:

Nokia 6230. The original. :)

sweet!

have you uploaded any video to your phone, or just mp3's?
    ciaranfo wrote:
    Nokia 6230. The original. :)

MP3s play grand, though it can take a minute for the media player to load if you haven't made a playlist.

As for movies, I think the only one I've put on the phone was the Star Wars trailer, converted it using the Nokia Software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

ciaranfo wrote:

Ditto. Have yet to put anything interesting other than mp3s on there though.

• Advertisement

No. THere's nothing beyond MP3s that I want on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I've the same card from komplett. I've AAC on the phone as they're smaller than MP3 (i.e. more music :)) - I put a couple of videos on it - the breakdancing singing in the rain ad, and a RedVsBlue video. They're not the best quality, I don't think I'd be able to watch a full film. I also use the MMC to hold some wallpapers for the phone.

If you're getting a large cand and you want to fill it with music, I'd recommend having a card reader as it'd take a while to transfer 1GB via bluetooth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

fiachs,

I bought an MMC card for my 6230 from the fonedoc recently, best price I could find. Have a look for him on boards, his handle is wolfman. It works a treat, full of music.

Also, do you have a cable to connect the phone to the PC (dku-2 -worth about a tenner)? It's a whole lot less hassle than taking the phone apart to use the card reader.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

yes i bought my card from there too great service i would say

Advertisement