Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi card (PCMCIA and CF) recommendations for netopia 3347nwg (EIRCOM)

Options
  • 05-07-2005 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭gordonnet

you are limited to 11Mbs with this equipment i would suggest us robotics or belkin they have wireless routers and pccards available with speeds up to 125Mbs for the usr kit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

Thanks but this was a pressie from Eircom. I don't want to spend any money on another DSL modem/(wifi)router.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

-> Nets/Comms.

Why only 11Mbs? It's a 802.11g device.

according to netopia website the model supplied by eircom is only capable of 11Mbs ... why do you thinkyou get it for free

• Advertisement

How come I get a 54Mbps connection if the Netopia only supports 11Mbps? They must have upgraded this model.

yes possibly upgraded since i last looked. on the pccard if you have all usr equipment you will get a speed of 125Mbs with the latest firmeware. you could by the pc card now and buy the router later. i bought the usr pccard at maplin in cork. it supports wpa, im not sure if the eircom freebe has this maybe it has only wep.

Will check this in the evening but I am pretty happy with the 54Mbps since the laptop is mostly used for surfing :)

Advertisement