Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

K750i MMS on Meteor

• 05-07-2005 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,220 ✭✭✭✭

Could anyone help me out with this please, i have got the phone working on meteor WAP so i can connect to the net using it, but i can not send picture messages - any help?

also, should i be using WAP or WAP GSM to connect to the net?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

I had a similar problem with the 700i last year. I went into them and they sorted it out over the counter, although it took a while.

You can downlaods the settings on the net and mess around with them yourself, I tried copying the settings from the T600 but it didn't work. Best bet is to go into them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,220 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i decided to delete everything off the phone and re-download all settings, MMS is working now (well i can send them anyway). still not sure which wap settings i am supposed to be using though.

BTW, i just copied the k700i settings and its working.

What is the 750i like to use? I have the 700i and I'm thinking about upgrading. Where did you get it and how much?

my dad got it for me in Holland, it can be bought sim free for anywhere between €300 and €400 on the net. Brilliant phone, still trying to figure out all the stuff it does but so far its the best phone i have had (although there is not much competition) I find the phone grand to use, the UI is fairly easy to get to grips with and considering i have never had another SE phone i though it would be harder. I'm delighted with it.

Yeah I found the 700i very simple to use. The only down fall was the buttons, i found that the middle scroll button was a little dodgy after a while but as far as I know they fixed that this time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Burago

Have you taken any pics with it yet? If anyone has anything taken by the K750 online I'd like to see them. As soon as Meteor bring it out I'm signing up for a contract with them.

Burago wrote:
    Have you taken any pics with it yet? If anyone has anything taken by the K750 online I'd like to see them. As soon as Meteor bring it out I'm signing up for a contract with them.
    Do meteor do contracts?

If your thinking about buying it you should head up north and pick it up on ready to go and just get it unlocked. Or you could buy it sim free up there for an extra £50 or so. I think its about £299 sim free or £250 on ready to go. It'll be alot dearer when it comes out down here, which will be in about another 6 months or so know this country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

just get the settings sent from mymeteor.ie worked for me on k750i?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭digiman

sprinkles wrote:
    Do meteor do contracts?

If your thinking about buying it you should head up north and pick it up on ready to go and just get it unlocked. Or you could buy it sim free up there for an extra £50 or so. I think its about £299 sim free or £250 on ready to go. It'll be alot dearer when it comes out down here, which will be in about another 6 months or so know this country

What network has this on ready to go? I had a look on www.carphonewarehpuse.co.uk and didn't see anything. is it hard to unlock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

not hard to unlock, i got mine on ebay from germany for 350

wolfman can unlock it remotely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,225 ✭✭✭digiman

Had another look on carphone warehouse, they must have updated it since, its £229 on ready to go with o2. Thats about €330-€340 depending on the sterling exchange rate. Seems like a really good price to me. At least you can go into the north and pick it up straight away and get a receipt, somewhere to bring it back to if something goes wrong.

I emailed meteor a couple of weeks ago and was told there are no plans at all to bring the k750i out on there network.

digiman wrote:
    What network has this on ready to go? I had a look on www.carphonewarehpuse.co.uk and didn't see anything. is it hard to unlock?
    Its O2 That has it on ready to go. I have the catelogue at home. If I remember I'll bring it in tomorrow and scan it. Its the only network that has it. I only checked this at the weekend, I wasn't talking to anyone in the store so the price may have changed from the catelogue price. £229 is a really good price. It's getting very good reviews and looks like a nice little phone. And if it improves on the 700i in anyway it deserves the good reviews.

Advertisement