Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Honour contest winners

Options
  • 05-07-2005 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=wow-general&t=3838125&p=1&tmp=1#post3838125

Proof that the honor system is flawed?
    Mage	65

Rogue	58

Hunter	22

Priest	18

Shaman	14

Warrior	12

Druid	3

Warlock	2

Paladin	0

% of the WoW playerbase		% of the honour prize

Rogue		15%			29.9%

Hunter		15%			11.3%

Warrior		15%			 6.2%

Mage		13%			33.5%

Paladin		9%			 0.0%

Priest		9%			 9.3%

Druid		9%			 1.5%

Warlock 	8%			 1.0%

Shaman		6%			 7.2%

ALLIANCE ONLY

% of the Alliance playerbase		% of the honour prize

Rogue		16%			40.2%

Hunter		16%			13.4%

Paladin		15%			 0.0%

Warrior		14%			 6.2%

Mage		13%			27.8%

Priest		10%			10.3%

Druid		10%			 2.1%

Warlock 	7%			 0.0%

HORDE ONLY

% of the Horde playerbase		% of the honour prize

Shaman		17%			14.4%

Warrior		17%			 6.2%

Rogue		15%			19.9%

Mage		13%			39.2%

Hunter		13%			 9.3%

Priest		10%			 8.2%

Warlock 	9%			 2.1%

Druid		8%			 1.0%

These figures are from the US servers, I havent seen the breakdown for the EU servers yet. Im also not sure how much battlegrounds figures in these numbers but im guessing it does to a certain extent.

What these figures say to me is that paladins and warlocks (alliance locks in particular - 0%) and druids are totally gimped in pvp and the current system only rewards damage dealers. Also interesting is the fact Shaman are the 3rd best class on horde and 3rd best overall if you double their score (assuming same amount of ppl would be shaman if it was available to both factions), which sort of disproves the 'shaman arent as good when it comes to mass pvp' point.

It does seem though that there are a million legolas wannabes:)

Thoughts anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Shaman's AREN'T as good in mass pvp, warlocks are better imo. (Lovely 2.4k crit on Mokoto yesterday :p )

pallys are gimped though, you see one running towards the horde zerg, doesn't take a genius to figure out they'll shield + massage AE. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

NeoSlicerZ wrote:
    Shaman's AREN'T as good in mass pvp, warlocks are better imo.

sorry but Unless theres something very wrong with these numbers (please feel free to point out anything wrong) then 14 (28) shaman winners vs 2 warlock winners in overall pvp > your opinion.

Remember that as far as wow is concerned, mass pvp or 1v1 pvp makes no odds, its your accumulation of cp's that matters and the scale seems to be massively tipped in favour of certain classes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Dustaz wrote:
    sorry but Unless theres something very wrong with these numbers (please feel free to point out anything wrong) then 14 (28) shaman winners vs 2 warlock winners in overall pvp > your opinion.

Remember that as far as wow is concerned, mass pvp or 1v1 pvp makes no odds, its your accumulation of cp's that matters and the scale seems to be massively tipped in favour of certain classes.

Um... perhaps the Warlocks (and the rest of the so called "nerfed" classes) dont PVP? The figures dont really say as much as you think they do, you just are interpeting them in a manner that promotes a view you already had.

One could easily argue that players choosing certain classes (Paly, Warlock Druid etc) are more PVE Centric and the figures above "prove" this point just as well as it does yours.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Matt Simis wrote:
    Um... perhaps the Warlocks (and the rest of the so called "nerfed" classes) dont PVP? The figures dont really say as much as you think they do, you just are interpeting them in a manner that promotes a view you already had.

One could easily argue that players choosing certain classes (Paly, Warlock Druid etc) are more PVE Centric and the figures above "prove" this point just as well as it does yours.

Matt

So out of all the US players, its only the mages rogues shamans and warriors that are interested in pvp? No pallys/locks/druids are interested in pvp and concentrate pvp solely? Please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Dustaz wrote:
    So out of all the US players, its only the mages rogues shamans and warriors that are interested in pvp? No pallys/locks/druids are interested in pvp and concentrate pvp solely? Please.

Its pretty clear Im not suggesting that as a "fact", Im merely disputing your "proof" based on the above figures. It could be they want to PVP but they suck, without a much more intensive assement than a bunch of numbers and a one liner, its impossible to say.

Im a Warlock and dont PVP as much as Id like (if it wasnt for MC and all, I would more). I think the class is excellent in PVP. However, I readily admit that most Warlocks Ive seen play completely suck. They also happen to be the same people complaining how "nerfed" their class is, which is BS.

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,051 ✭✭✭BKtje

While i agree that druids suck in mass pvp. They however are quite strong in 1v1's. Just very hard to kill.

Regarding those figures. I can see it from Matt Simis's pov as well as yours dustaz. Those figures do lead you to believe that they suck in pvp but as Matt says they don't really proove one thing or another. They do however strongly suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

you do realise how many people play on ALL of the U.S. servers right? o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Nuke locks ftw :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

Warlocks need a bit of loving, but then most classes do.

Still like mine, just wish I had some more reliable defensive options without speccing into a horribly boring and dull tree.

Advertisement