Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need for Speed Underground 2 crashing

Options
  • 05-07-2005 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭

I bought NFS2 on saturday, as I bought a pile of new hardware for my PC on friday and I finally had a computer with good enough hardware to play it. I installed it when I got home and it worked perfectly! No problems at all. Unfortunetly I got a pretty bad virus (due to a patch missing) that was impossible to clean so I had to format my PC. I reinstalled everything today, only difference is that I have Service pack 2 and I installed NFS on the E drive (all targets in the desktop file seem ok). When I double click on the desktop file the first screen comes up, then black, then I'm back out on the desktop again.

Sorry for rambling on, but just trying to make sure I give you all the info you need. Anyways, hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me.

System is:
    XP Pro - Service pack 2
    Amd Athlon Sempron 3000+
    Geforce 5500 256
    512 RAM

Also, all drivers are up to date.

Thanks, Dave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

just make sure u dont hit the barriers, and keep the car in the centre of the track.

sorry, couldnt resist :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

haha. beat me to it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Are you using a joypad? I had the game and it didn't like the PS2 to USB adaptor at all, crashed constantly. When I switched to keyboard controls it ran perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

have ya tried going into the game from the .exe inside the folder instead of using the desktop shortcut?

more than likly just a sp2 problem as per usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Steviec, the game doesn't even start up. Gets to the splash screen (i think its called) and then just goes back to the desktop.

Balkieb2002, tried that too... I was considering rolling back SP2, but it wil be a last resort.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Beecher

Works great for me on SP2, have you checked your Direct X / Graphic card drivers are still upto date since you formatted your pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Have direct x 9.0 and I downloaded and installed the latest drivers for the card off nvidia's site. Its an absolute head wrecker...

Advertisement