Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advertisement planning permission

Options
  • 05-07-2005 12:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Tried to find out what the planning permission situation is for property but I couldn't find it out. Basically I have a house on a main route into town and was thinking of getting advertisement put on the front. I know if it was a sign it would have to have planning. What I was thinking was if the building was painted with logos or company colours etc... would it need planing. The neighbouring house does advertise itself as an accountant in the window so I am just wondering what can be done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Morning Star,

Corporate colours may be a "Bit in your face" for the local planning officer, a window sign should pass ok.

I know fixed signage is subject to planning permission as are sign boards over a certain size.

I will be putting our local planning officer to the test in the next few weeks ;) so far they have not objected to the windows being signed, AFAIK it is up to each local authority to decide what is acceptable.

I was told to remove a sign board from a job one time, against the planning rules :) as if I was going to leave it behind when the job was finished.

Advertisement