Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where is dublin 22

Options
  • 05-07-2005 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

anyone know directions to or landmarks around near dublin 22

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Sorry for dragging up an old thread.
    I would be grateful if someone could settle an argument for me- I am looking at an advertisement for a house for sale, its in D22 and the estate agent claims its actually Lucan, not Clondalkin and is adjacent to the N4, M50, Liffey Valley Shopping Centre etc. This sounds suspiciously like Neilstown to me? As far as I knew Lucan was entirely County Dublin, no postcode (which is partly why post takes 2 days longer to reach there- as it only has a tiny sorting office).

Cheers,

Shane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

Lucan is all Co. Dublin, but from the description (and the fact its an Estate Agent) the place he is describing could be anywhere from Ballyfermot to Tallaght... got an address?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

sounds like a bit of sophistry is going on here. i live in clondalkin now, neilstowns on one side of me and lucans on the other meaning my address is actually "old lucan road", which is bollocks cause im not in lucan. i am within walking distance but its a hell of a walk . TBH theres a bit of a tallaght thing going on here, lucan is sprawling all over the place nowadays so "lucan" can be anywhere from clondalkin to newscastle to city west and liffey valley. its only a matter of time before it looses its "co dublin" status like tallaght did back in the eighties. particularly considering how many people are commuting form celbridge and leixlip now. and seeing as lucan is as close to clondalkin as firhouse is to tallaght you can bet it'll be a D22 post code (and just like firhouse wait till you see the ****storm that results from that :D )

but as things stand its STILL co dublin so your estate agents taking the piss. he's flogging you a gaff in clondalkin

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Errrr... St. Ronan's Estate.....
    I gather from google that its next door to Neilstown.....

Yes, there will be fun when Lucan is designated D22.
    The current proposal is that the village itself and that portion of it in Fingal rather than SDCC remain as County Dublin and be serviced from Ballyowen Lane by An Post- and postal deliveries for the rest of 'Lucan' come from the large sorting office in Clondalkin. In all honesty if they do this it would probably knock at least a day off postal delivery times in the area- which would be to everyone's advantage, mind you how many people would agree with that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

oh sweet jesus stay well away, its dead rough! theres pleantly of new houses that were previously called lucan but turned out to be in clondalkin that are alot better, foxborough for instance and generally anything around the penny hill pub is ok. theres a ****load of apts and town houses being built around there and the quality is pretty good. i'd opt for one of them before id buy in st ronans

as to the postal code i see shades of knocklyon going to happen here. what ever the closest "decent" code is to em they'll just slap on a "W" at the end (in regards to knocklyon dublin 6w my arse, your in tallaght not templogue. deal with it :) )

Advertisement