Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerrard hands in transfer request

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

:( yet :)

seeing as it appears to be money. **** him and good riddence. :mad:

Cheers for the CL Stevie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

I'm surprised tbh never thought he'd go, just thought it was the media stirring it all along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Prior to Champions League, I thought that he'd go for sure, then afterwards, it seemed like he wanted to stay, even though I'd have been happy to see the end of him. Let him go, I say. There's no point in having a captain who has all these rumours and speculation hanging over him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭beer enigma

From the LFC website

Liverpool FC today issued the following press statement regarding Steven Gerrard.
    "The club has made it crystal clear we want to keep Steven at Anfield. Sadly, he has told us this afternoon that he will not accept our offer of an improved and extended contract because he wants to leave Liverpool. We very much regret the decision he has taken."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

I'm surprised tbh never thought he'd go, just thought it was the media stirring it all along.

Id agree with that statement if it was only one or 2 tabloids reporting it but every medium was reporting the situation tv, radio, press. so it was quite obvious that there was an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

Come on the glazers make Stevie Gerrard your first buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Willem D wrote:
    i second that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Willem D wrote:

LOL that would be funny indeed but i doubt it , Unless they were to offer at least 10 more million than Chelsea pool wouldnt accept any offer from Utd.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Let him **** off the money grabbing basterd. I hope he goes to chelsea and carra twats him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Where would CHelsea play him? it has already been seen that him and Lampard are crap playing together!!! and I cant see him take Makele(sp) place in midfield....so play him as a winger or something!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

W*nker. I'm not a Liverpool supporter but I'm really annoyed that a player could do this to his hometown club. There's no loyalty left in football. I hope Liverpool fans make his life a misery from now on.

Let him go anywhere I wouldnt care. he has really shown himself in a great light in all of this. The only bonus is unlike McMoneyMan and owen before him this time Liverpool will make some real money out of the players departure. 35m stg would buy a few decent players for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i cant see him going abroad so it looks to me like chelsea will get him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Real will be his next club

i wouldnt think he go to another british side because the liverpool fans will harress him so much life will be unbareable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Duff, Gerrard, Lampard, Robben

With Makalele behind.

One up front.

And I think if you give Lamps and Gerrard a season under Mourinho they will be class together.

Roll on the second Chelsea £32m bid! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭colster

He's over-rated anyway. If they can get 35m+ for him they'll be laughing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,383 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i'm hearing he is NOT off to chelsea but that he IS off to Real Madrid, they would not put a bid in til he put in a transfer request and Liverpool have just recieved a bid from Real.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

In fairness, Real need him more than Chelsea.

He could really bring that team up.

Barca are now tabling an offer of 37m

Hehas been booed to the last leaving melwoodapparently. The locals are none to happy and who could blame them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭alfie

How can i leave after a night like this?

What a money grabber, theres only 2 things i consider positive about this

1. Carragher will get the armband.

2. Rafa will have a big transfer kitty

• Advertisement

Aye Carra will finally get the captaincy. You would never see him do this id say he is livid with his good mate Stevie.

wonder about the effect on Carra it'll have then given them being mates and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭alfie

Carra is liverpool through and through i dont think it'll effect him too much sure isnt owen his best mate and look at the season carra had after he left

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

The money grabbing cu*t, as a football fan this fkn stinks, I hope he rots on the bench, what comes around goes around, he will be another McStupid haircut and end up playing for Man City!

Leaves pool with a dangerous amount of money now though! Could see a big money move for Essien and Guti with Wright-Phillips! Sh*te!
    Or else they could blow it all on tracksuits and perms ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

What a prick.

alfie wrote:
    Carra is liverpool through and through
    Eh, so was Stevie G allegedly.

There is NO loyalty left in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

seansouth wrote:
    Eh, so was Stevie G allegedly.

There is NO loyalty left in football.
    apart from Paul Scholes ?

He'll be off to his boyhood hero's Oldham next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Is that a bridge I smell burning? Anyway, I don't think there's a chance that Liverpool will sell him to another English club. Not when their Spanish counterparts will put up just as much money, and they wont have to watch him playing in the opposition team week-in-week-out.

Right enough, Real said they wouldn't put in a bid for him unless he puts in a transfer request, and then lo and behold, he puts in a transfer request. My money would be on him joining Mickey Owen unless Barca can top that offer.
    yop wrote:
    Leaves pool with a dangerous amount of money now though! Could see a big money move for Essien and Guti with Wright-Phillips! Sh*te!

lol. Genius.

• Advertisement

yop wrote:
    The money grabbing cu*t, as a football fan this fkn stinks, I hope he rots on the bench, what comes around goes around, he will be another McStupid haircut and end up playing for Man City!

SWP - 20-25mil
    Essien - 20-30mil
    Guti - 2-5mil

Not sure how you would buy all those players for 35mil......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

its all about money these days

what ever happened playing for the team you love and grow up in

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

SWP - 20-25mil
    Essien - 20-30mil
    Guti - 2-5mil

Not sure how you would buy all those players for 35mil......
    Sorry plus the monies got from 5th place in PL, TV revenue from CL, winning CL.

Must be another 30 million from them 3??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

He's gone down in my estimation ... The way he dealt with the whole saga they were trying to make out Rafa had a bust up with him but it appears he's lookin for more money nothing else ... hopefully he'll feel the same regret Michael Owen feels after leaving last season and missing out on Champions League medal .... Hope they get in a few big names now and beef up the squad with some talent ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

As far as I can see he says he is not signing the contract - don't see anything about a transfer request. Why would he? He knows Liverpool will put him on the tranafer list if he rejects it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Stick him in the reserves for 2 years and let his career ROT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

TheMonster wrote:
    As far as I can see he says he is not signing the contract - don't see anything about a transfer request. Why would he? He knows Liverpool will put him on the tranafer list if he rejects it.

Statment on Pool website , says he wants to leave Anfield ...
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N149253050705-1435.htm

yop wrote:
    Sorry plus the monies got from 5th place in PL, TV revenue from CL, winning CL.

Must be another 30 million from them 3??

Well alot of the money from Champions Leadue has already gone on the four players signed yesterday!!

..zenden was a free tho.
    should still have a nice bit left over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭TheMonster

LizardKing wrote:
    Statment on Pool website , says he wants to leave Anfield ...
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N149253050705-1435.htm

"The club has made it crystal clear we want to keep Steven at Anfield. Sadly, he has told us this afternoon that he will not accept our offer of an improved and extended contract because he wants to leave Liverpool. We very much regret the decision he has taken."

No mention of a transfer request though - he would be an idiot to do that - he knows they will sell him if he refuses to sign a new deal. RM will come in if he is on the transfer list regardless of how he gets there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Big Nelly wrote:
    Well alot of the money from Champions Leadue has already gone on the four players signed yesterday!!
    you mean on Reina? the other 3 cost nothing (for now anyway)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Wouldn't worry too much about losing Gerrard if I was a Liverpool supporter, Xabi Alonso is their best midfielder anyway. I'd sell him for as much as possible and then buy a real midfielder that isn't hyped up to the last by the British media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Sad to see him go but we've lost out on players such as McManaman and Owen before and Stevie has always said when he leaves he didn't want to see us shafted - he's asked for transfer with 2 years left on his contract so we're going to get a fair price (I hope) and in my opinion he owes us nothing and is saving us 20mil in wages.

I wish him well in his future career but hopefully not at the expense of Liverpool, I'd hope to see him go abroad from here but I guess it's his decision.

Gonzalez is on loan, Zenden is free, Barranga is free, Reina they spent money but at most 5m, so where is the other 25m?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

**** sake. Must say am unimpressed with him. Obviously all the stuff about them trying to push him out was ass anyway with him now saying he rejected the 100k a week offer. How can anyone need more money then that?!? Most people would kill to represent their childhood hero's and be a pivatol part to them trying to return to the glory days. If he wont accept 100 thousand pounds a week for that, **** him. He could have been remembered forever as a legend and hero instead of now being just a nother player at a bigger club. Right thats enough ranting, screw crouch lets bring in someone top class. could maybe sell him to real and get pablo garcia and juanfran or guti plus 25mill or something as part of the deal..

Dont think it really matters to the price either how he gets transfer listed as theres more then one club interested so they will drive the price against each other. If chelsea do get him, real will make sure they have to pay big money!

On another note i think someone english has to come in now, carra is the only one left, maybe a concrete move for upson? or Joey Barton for about a million for those filthy away winter games!

<edit> I Think Reina is coming for around £8million. Gonzalez if comes permanent after this season is £4.7m. Without selling gerrard would still have had about 7 or 8 mill judging from what they were saying of signings so could have u to 40m to spent after all this, plus a saving of 5mill a year on his wages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

40m to spent after all this .......

- they only have until the 12 july to buy players. Otherwise they will be cup tied for games in the CL, so liverpool better get their finger out LIKE !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

That dealine is ONLY for the 1st round. Obviously our Under-12's could beat TNS so dont worry about that. We have loads of time to buy before the 3rd round's deadline which is the important one as could get some real opposition there, noone of merit unseeded in the 1st two rounds though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

12 July is QR1 for CL, I would imagine the players Liverpool are going for would be in teams who at least start in QR3 (mid-late August I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Thanks for putting me right on that. Damn G/F! with her fear mongering. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Good riddance, money grabbing twat. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    p.pete wrote:
    and in my opinion he owes us nothing .

A full season of playing consistantly well?

• Advertisement
Advertisement