Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohs vs Rovewrs BF2 style flag taking

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Link is down to the pic KDJAC. Not the brightest thing for Bohs to do however..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Hang on a minute.

It was stolen from Dalymount, Bohs are right to do this.

What they should do now is follow through on their promise and kick Rovers out of Dalymount.

Every time there is an incident involving Rovers supporters the club puts it's head in the sand and ignores the problem. Or tries to shift the blame. The other club, the referee, the opposition fans, the FAI, Celtic or whoever, in the eyes of Rovers and their fans it is NEVER their fault, whatever the trouble is.

This time they can't. Stealing property is a serious offence. They have photographic evidence to prove it. The picture originally appeared on a members only SRFC Ultras internet forum.

(BTW way, howaya KdjaC, 2-1 :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

seansouth wrote:

It was stolen from Dalymount, Bohs are right to do this.

(BTW way, howaya KdjaC, 2-1 :D )

Its a Bohs casual flag ie their super huggy buddy love branch of fans by posting on the main club sites its saying they are part of the club.

I took a sceen shot of the website earlier had a feeling it would disappear.

/full strength Shels side , heh League Cup your aim this season?

kdjac

No need, there is a thread on the Shels website with the pic, and that ain't goin anywhere.
    linky

The flag was stored in Dalymount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

KdjaC wrote:
    heh League Cup your aim this season?

Yes, yes it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I stole a cup from Dalymount once, about 5 years ago after a 21st. Drank some amount of pints out of it in town, some craic.

Went along to my own teams match the following morning and had it hanging out the window of the car.

The lads down in Dalymount were pretty sound about it when we brought it back. But I did know them all.

My point being, Dalymount is like an open house most of the time, they should really tighten up security.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Slash/ED wrote:
    Yes, yes it is.

Mine too :( Now to Sligagh :D

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

I used to be an avid Rovers fan years ago when they were in Milltown when the likes of Johnny Fullam, Alan Buckley etc were plying their trade. The derbies between Rovers and Bohs were always horrible. Serious scumbags always intent on causing trouble and you saw very few of them at any of the other games. I dont go to as many games as I used to but I have noticed in the last couple of seasons a nastiness creeping into the EL and I fear someone is going to end up getting very badly hurt or even killed. The game is choking itself as more and more fans are turned away. (Must admit I love the change of season)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

Draupnir wrote:

My point being, Dalymount is like an open house most of the time, they should really tighten up security.

true, but have a look at the pic, they're puttin the fingers up thinkin they are the business casue they stole a flag. its these arses that are causin the trouble at the EL games, they should be flogged big time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Look at them, they look like thick scum for the most part anyways.

They're pathetic human beings and only further soil the once good name of Irelands most famous club. Pathetic bunch of losers. But of course, Rovers will continue to ignore this and pretend it didn't happen, as is their seemingly fantastic way of dealing with these lowlifes.

I noticed an ad in the paper for Rovers-Hibs yesterday proclaiming "BRING THE FAMILY", which is a better advertisement for Rovers I wonder? Would almost consider taking out a full page ad with that picture and some quirky clever heading!

Stealing the flag - Free
    Cheap cans - 6 for €7
    Education - non existant/back of a field
    Helping to destroy Shamrock Rovers - priceless.

Not only are scumbags like this tarnishing the name of, and helping to destroy Shamrock Rovers, they are also giving a bad name to the league. The average fans are outraged, yet the officials in the FAI, and Rovers themselves, do nothing. Dragging us all with them. When Longford had 7ft barriers set up as protection, Rovers refused to play unless they were taken down, saying it would "further incite their fans" if they saw it. So they know a section of their fans are a bunch of inbred lowlifes, yet fail to do anything about it. Round of applause, enjoy division 1. Maybe then at least those scumbags will stop going, I bet most of them don't pay in anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

I know a fairly broad cross section of the Bohs 'casuals' (for casuals read muppets) and they aren't even scumbags, they are all pretty normal fellas on their own, its the mob mentality of abusing people from the stand that causes the trouble.

I have to admit though, I dont know many Rovers fans, the ones in that picture look like scum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Scummy Rovers fans steal from the Scummy Bohs Fans.

Hee, Hee, Hoo hoo. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

seansouth wrote:
    The flag was stored in Dalymount.

This has been done to death by the moral brigade on foot.ie.

How do you know the flag was stored in Dalymount? :rolleyes:

Bateman wrote:
    How do you know the flag was stored in Dalymount? :rolleyes:
    Well, a quick read, of this thread on the Bohemians Message Board will confirm that for you, Mr. :rolleyes:
    If anyone has a flag stored in Dalymount, could they please contact me by PM about retrieving it, as I believe a flag was stolen recently from the club by Rovers fans.

Advertisement