Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Sniping Possible?

Options
  • 05-07-2005 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭

From my experience of playing Battlefield 2 I have slowly realised that sniping is impossible and if not, at the very least it is quite hard unless they are stationary. I have yet to see someone gain a kill for sniping a moving target and I have yet to kill someone that is moving from sniping also.
    Usually I am not a bad sniper at all and am quite handy in most games at it so its not really my aim that I think is off.

I presume I actually hit them a lot of the time when they suddenly stop but it never seems to kill them. Does the round not take 100% of health off even if it hits in the chest?

Basically if I want to snipe now I usually choose spec ops and set the gun to one shot at a time. Seems to be much easier to kill moving targets with that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Low range one shot kills use the centre of the target.

Mid range 2 shots lead the target aim slightly to the right of his head.

Far range 7 or shots if they stationary with a large lead on the target ie they practicaly out of the scope :D

Finding out how far low mid and far are is the tricky part.

Got my accuracy up to 42% mainly because of the shots to kill from far, just got the M95 its not much better tbh.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah that is probably my biggest gripe about the game, being used to CS it took me a while (and alot of bitching) to get used to the useless sniper rifle but in the end i just gave up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I snipe more than any other class,i enjoy the challenge.
    Yeah ive hit many a moving target but missed more :)
    Seriously though i hope the patch addresses this class somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

i think it's good that it's underpowered unlike say cs

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

i think it's good that it's underpowered unlike say cs
    It'd be cool if one head shot would kill them, if the bullet hit under the helmet, but above the body armour. Other than that, a 2 shot kill.

On the other hand, don't want another DC_Final Bridge happening, where there'd be 15 snipers per team, and one assault, who'd get the flag:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

One head shot will kill with the rifles unlocked at Lance Corporal. Just watch where the bullet is landing when trying to hit a moving target. It can be done with practice. Use the size of your target to determine the distance it is away from you.

I actually pulled off a head shot through a heli windscreen last w'end!! Will probably never get it again mind you!! :D

Wavey

Wavey wrote:
    One head shot will kill with the rifles unlocked at Lance Corporal. Just watch where the bullet is landing when trying to hit a moving target. It can be done with practice. Use the size of your target to determine the distance it is away from you.

I actually pulled off a head shot through a heli windscreen last w'end!! Will probably never get it again mind you!! :D

Wavey
    In the demo, with the special ops gun, if the heli was near enough, you could kill the pilot. As for the Lance Corporal sniper gun thing: totally sweet. Me can't wait till me gets the game :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

the_syco wrote:
    In the demo, with the special ops gun, if the heli was near enough, you could kill the pilot. As for the Lance Corporal sniper gun thing: totally sweet. Me can't wait till me gets the game :)

Haha.....and how's it working out on your 64mb Geforce4? I can't believe you still manage to play it on the minimum specs....it must be a challenge in itself!

You should post up a few pictures of it in action out of interest, I'd be dying to see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Gaid1n

Im pretty sure a head shot from any sniper rifle will kill. Deffo with the bog standard US M24 anyway. I've killed a few guys with one shot while on the move but it's real hard. The MEC and Chinese sniper rifles are poo imo. They're way too inaccurate.

The unlockable M90 is more powerful than the M24 but not quite as accurate. One of the best ways to kill someone at short to medium range is to pull your pistol out after you hit them. It'll only take 1 bullet!

You should post up a few pictures of it in action out of interest, I'd be dying to see it!

See: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=3020987

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Tip if you're using the bolt action sniper rifles (US & unlockable one):
    - keep the fire button pressed after you shoot and you will stay zoomed in. This way you'll be able to see where the bullet hits the ground to help you adjust your next shot. Let go of fire and you'll unscope to load the next bullet as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

LoBo wrote:
    Tip if you're using the bolt action sniper rifles (US & unlockable one):
    - keep the fire button pressed after you shoot and you will stay zoomed in. This way you'll be able to see where the bullet hits the ground to help you adjust your next shot. Let go of fire and you'll unscope to load the next bullet as usual.

WOO! THanks for that.. that was annoying me.

Advertisement