Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Post Draft Possibilities ***RAW SPOILERS***

• 05-07-2005 3:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

014.jpg
    015.jpg

Yup, HBK has now turned heel by the looks of things. IMO, this is huge. People have long been saying he needs to be freshened up, and most thought a trip across to SD was the answer. Now, I dont think anyone could have predicted this. The obvious end to this is a feud leading to Summerslam. I would hope that HeelBK will win this out, and go on towards a feud with Cena leading to him regaining the WWE title at Summerslam. And in fairness, how could HBK lose to this???

016.jpg

Should this happen, I would love to see HBK and RVD go into a prolonged fued leading to a Wrestlemania main event (but could HBK lose at yet another WM? He is already WMs biggest ie most frequent loser!).

I just hope that he doesnt 'let by gones be by gones' with HHH. Though it will be interesting to see where he will stand while all this is happening.

The other fued which looks like a Summerslam match will be Jericho and Cena. We could see some great mic work between these two, and Jericho will carry Cena to a good match. Unfortunately though, I dont see Y2J regianing his crown at this juncture either.

Of HBKs turn though, it seems to leave a huge spot open at main event level for a face character. With Benoit and Batista gone to SD, and HBK gone heel, apart from Cena, there is no real main eventer face there, and top heavy heel wise - HHH, Edge, Y2J, Angle. Some may argue a case for Benjamin. But lets be fair, he isnt ready just yet. So its quite possible we could see an Angle turn, leading into a feud with HHH, which has been hinted at.

On the draft and trades etc, its interesting to see Chavos new gimmick - Kerwin White. Will this work? His angle is that his being hispanic has held him back, now he is white middle class, so he will go places. Apart from a few interesting promos, I cant see this going too far, but we'll have to wait and see.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

How much I enjoyed that last kick! It made my evening! I don't like Shawn, but I loved him yesterday!

What's this all about having Hogan back??? He can't wrestle anymore, and the whole situation is pathetic...WWE is loosing credibility because of him, and the effort of hardworking wrestlers who try to make this business look as close to reality as possible is wasted just to have a 51 years old man who can't even stand on his feet anymore for more than 5 minutes in the ring.
    And I can't believe people is still cheering him! I really hope he will get his a** kicked by God Triple H (or Angle) in the near future.

For the first time I look forward to watch Smackdown, on my opinion it is gonna be more interesting than RAW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Zip

y shawn y

this heel turn was never hinted :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

In fairness when I heard Chavo was going to Raw I didnt think there'd be much for him. This gimmick change will freshen up and keep him in the public eye in the coming weeks. Although its a very strange change, it's in his hands now to make it work and not fade away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Zip wrote:
    y shawn y

this heel turn was never hinted :mad:

You saw that coming so, ya? How so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Zip

when was it hinted

I thought him and hogan wer great friends

I mean look at backlash and last week

They could have been the world tag team champs but no hbk had to ruin it :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: as u can see Im angry :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 rolo feen

i'm delighted he turned heel. he serves far more of a purpose as a heel.

also, i'm delighted he levelled hogan. i'm sick to death of hogan making these comebacks... i know its only to publicise the fact the he has a show coming up... but still its terrible viewing. only americans could still hold any happiness for the fella in the ring.

only problem is we'll have to watch him now until hbk and hogan settle up at the next ppv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

rolo feen wrote:
    also, i'm delighted he levelled hogan. i'm sick to death of hogan making these comebacks... i know its only to publicise the fact the he has a show coming up... but still its terrible viewing. only americans could still hold any happiness for the fella in the ring.

only problem is we'll have to watch him now until hbk and hogan settle up at the next ppv.

You're not serious? Hogan is a mega star. He would sell out arenas all over the world so it's not just Americans who hold happiness for him. Can you imagine if it was announced he was coming to Ireland? The demand for tickets would be unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rolo feen

You're not serious? Hogan is a mega star. He would sell out arenas all over the world so it's not just Americans who hold happiness for him. Can you imagine if it was announced he was coming to Ireland? The demand for tickets would be unbelievable.
    i wouldnt go.

i have no intention to see a decrepid old fad being resurrected for some 4th july celebration, same with flair.
    they are ruining the aura and legendary status these players had by making visual fools out of them.

i wonder if Angle dropped a leg on HHH would he get a 3 count?? obviously not, but if its a big tanned wrinkly leg suddenly its a finisher!!

what they did in the past is one thing. but what they're doing now is a joke.
    and yes, to answer your question they would sell out if they came over here, but it looks terrible. and feels terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

everytime Hogan comes back it dumps on the other guys from a great hight. He's too old for wrestling,as is Flair, but Flair at least puts over the new guys. Hogan has to be unbeatable, the only bad thing was that Carlito didn't DDT him again and that angle didn't snap his ankle.

For the first time in a long time a major character turn happened witout any build up and I for one loved it.

rolo feen wrote:
    i wouldnt go.

The demand would be so great that you probably wouldn't be able to if you wanted to.
    rolo feen wrote:
    i have no intention to see a decrepid old fad being resurrected for some 4th july celebration, same with flair.
    they are ruining the aura and legendary status these players had by making visual fools out of them.

How have they been made into "visual fools"?
    rolo feen wrote:
    i wonder if Angle dropped a leg on HHH would he get a 3 count?? obviously not, but if its a big tanned wrinkly leg suddenly its a finisher!!

Angle has gotten 3 counts with an Angle slam which is basically a back suplex except with an added twirl. Austin has pinned guys with his stunner which involves him falling on his arse whilst The Rock has gotten 3 counts by dropping his elbow on people. :rolleyes:
    rolo feen wrote:
    what they did in the past is one thing. but what they're doing now is a joke.

What exactly is a joke? What has been so bad?
    rolo feen wrote:
    and yes, to answer your question they would sell out if they came over here, but it looks terrible. and feels terrible.

It looks fine and it feels great. It's great to see true legends of the business still involved. I'd like to see more return such as Bret Hart.
    jongore wrote:
    everytime Hogan comes back it dumps on the other guys from a great hight

I disagree. Besides, if it hadn't been for Hogan, those guys wouldn't have jobs.
    jongore wrote:
    He's too old for wrestling,as is Flair, but Flair at least puts over the new guys. Hogan has to be unbeatable, the only bad thing was that Carlito didn't DDT him again and that angle didn't snap his ankle

Hogan has put over plenty of WWE guys since he returned in 2002. The Rock, Angle, Lesnar and he has been involved in storylines which helped out other wrestlers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

One come back for one night is one thing, but coming back all the times and taking space other wrestlers who deserve to be in the main event is stupid.

Would they. Id not go out my back garden to see Hogan. Maybe 10 years ago. Not now.

MNG, you are always going on about HHH hogging limelight etc. Well how about Hogan? He comes back, is automatically thrown back into main event scaenarios, and proceeds to put on dreadful matches. To see him at Backlash was pitiful. He can barely walk anymore, let alone wrestle.

Now, dont get me wrong, this impending feud excites me. Icon Vs Showstopper. HeelBK should carry a great/entertaining match.
    MNG wrote:
    How have they been made into "visual fools"?

016.jpg

That answer your question?
    if it hadn't been for Hogan, those guys wouldn't have jobs.

Thats lazy and you know it. Wrestling has moved on a long way since Hogan truly was the icon. If it wasnt for Vince/Bischoff re-engineering pro wrestlings attitude in the US in the late 90s, these guys would have jobs. And as far as I know its Vince who signs Hogans, and the rest of the talents' cheques, not vice versa.

One come back for one night is one thing, but coming back all the times and taking space other wrestlers who deserve to be in the main event is stupid.

Id agree. Ill point out here, that I, like most marked quite loudly for Hogans return at Mania...as a once off. But now, having him back, where is the continuity? Sure he has the 'dream feud' with Michaels, and in all probablility, Michaels will put him over. But where does Hogan go from there? He cant carry the company anymore, and for HBK to put him over, IMO, would be a disgrace. One man is fit, lean and active, the other, well, isnt.

gimmick wrote:
    Would they. Id not go out my back garden to see Hogan. Maybe 10 years ago. Not now.

I find that surprising. The guy is a legend. I'd pay alot of money to see him.
    gimmick wrote:
    MNG, you are always going on about HHH hogging limelight etc. Well how about Hogan? He comes back, is automatically thrown back into main event scaenarios, and proceeds to put on dreadful matches. To see him at Backlash was pitiful. He can barely walk anymore, let alone wrestle.

The fans DEMANDED THE MATCH. "One more match" ring a bell? The guy is a legend and wrestling fans feel an affinity with him. The guy is an icon and can't be brought back for silly tag matches with mid-carders as he is too big for that.
    gimmick wrote:
    Now, dont get me wrong, this impending feud excites me. Icon Vs Showstopper. HeelBK should carry a great/entertaining match.

Exactly. Regardless of Hogan's in-ring ability, his presence is unbelievable.
    gimmick wrote:
    That answer your question?

No it doesn't quite frankly. I consider the guy on the left of this picture to be a visual fool:

http://top2bottom.net/sumo.jpg
    gimmick wrote:
    Thats lazy and you know it. Wrestling has moved on a long way since Hogan truly was the icon. If it wasnt for Vince/Bischoff re-engineering pro wrestlings attitude in the US in the late 90s, these guys would have jobs. And as far as I know its Vince who signs Hogans, and the rest of the talents' cheques, not vice versa.

The only thing lazy is your attempt to deny this fact. Hogan put wrestling on the map by transcending the industry. Without him, there would have been no WWE and no WCW for that matter. Vince may have been the brains but Hogan was the brawn and had just as much significance to wrestling as Vince. I'm sure even Vinny would acknowledge that. The WM19 storyline even acknowledged that.

Im not denying anything. Nothing at all. Ill not argue the fact that Hogan carried the WWF in the 80s, and early 90s. But even by 1992 the WWF fans were beginning to get tired of seeing him as the consta champ.

The fans DEMANDED THE MATCH

Thats mark talk. The fans demanded that only after the idea of one last match was put into their heads. That had as much to with Mohammed Hassans presence as it did with Hogans ie the misplaced hatred the US fans have toward Hassan.

Im not denying Hogans legend. I just think the idea of "quit while your ahead" has never been so apt. Just because the yanks still love him and his flag waving and pro american rhetoric, doesnt mean I have to enjoy it.

Maybe give him a non wrestling role - GM or something, but as a wrestler, its about time to say goodbye.

gimmick wrote:

Thats mark talk. The fans demanded that only after the idea of one last match was put into their heads. That had as much to with Mohammed Hassans presence as it did with Hogans ie the misplaced hatred the US fans have toward Hassan.

The fans demanded one more match since the Hall of Fame ceremony. It's hardly mark talk.
    gimmick wrote:
    Im not denying Hogans legend. I just think the idea of "quit while your ahead" has never been so apt. Just because the yanks still love him and his flag waving and pro american rhetoric, doesnt mean I have to enjoy it.

Vince doesn't want him to quit as he has a relationship with the fans that no one else can match. If Hogan's TV show can be promoted by appearances on WWE TV I think that's great. Just seeing Hogan is great in my opinion. I agree he is limited in the ring but his presence is just too much to ignore.HBK vs Hogan and Austin vs Hogan are matches most fans would love to see and if we can see it happen, I say bring it on.

Hogan's hip is in an awful state and I respect the man for coming back and hitting the leg drop and risking himself further injury. As for Flair, I fail to see how he is a "visual fool" as someone said earlier. I think he is another great presence and he is far better than Hogan in the ring and can still bring much to the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

before you continue arguing the match at backlash was for hogans biggist fan<guy at the end with the hogan tatto on his back> as he won a competition to see.
    I enjoyed it but if i have to say he is old and should have retired buy now.

Now as for the fans i wouldn't be surrprized if they were put there to start that chant at The Hall Of Fame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

I stand by what I said, every time Hogan comes back it's guys who where starting to get a push who suffer, wher's shelton Benjiman lately? Hurrican and Rosey, Cena and Jerhico diddn't even wrestle and this type of thing happens every time Hogan comes back, it excites fans fro a few weeks and then they realise he's and old man in a young mans game.

Benjimans recent match against HBK was a great one and I'd much rather see him fued with HBK then the "imortal" one.

Hogan was great in his era and he did put wrestling on the map, but he should realise it's over and retire with some dignity left. If he keeps coming back all he's doing is tarnishing what he was.

jongore wrote:
    I stand by what I said, every time Hogan comes back it's guys who where starting to get a push who suffer,

Like who?
    jongore wrote:
    wher's shelton Benjiman lately?

He was put into a dark match with Rob Conway. That's no big deal.
    jongore wrote:
    Hurrican and Rosey, Cena and Jerhico diddn't even wrestle and this type of thing happens every time Hogan comes back, it excites fans fro a few weeks and then they realise he's and old man in a young mans game.

The WWE have made the decision to treat the tag division like dirt. That's not Hogan's fault. And Hogan wasn't responsible for the Highlight Reel segment, the writers were. This isn't WCW where Hogan dictates what happens.
    jongore wrote:
    Benjimans recent match against HBK was a great one and I'd much rather see him fued with HBK then the "imortal" one.

They might have a better quality match, but Benjamin has little charisma at this point. Hogan is the most charismatic superstar of all time arguably. HBK vs Hogan is a dream match and will increase Summerslam's buyrate.
    jongore wrote:
    Hogan was great in his era and he did put wrestling on the map, but he should realise it's over and retire with some dignity left. If he keeps coming back all he's doing is tarnishing what he was.

I disagree. I'd much prefer to watch Hogan in the spotlight than Triple H. He's only got a few matches left in him anyway. Michaels and then more than likely Austin and that willl be it.

Why not enjoy seeing him in action? He won't be able to do it for much longer.

Hulk Rules!

Advertisement