Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new board idea

• 12-08-2001 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭

how about a board for dating its jus an idea but maby..... or maby a board for fans of of games other than unreal and counterstrike like maby a quake board or a age of empires board

dont open ... that door- resident evil 1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

There is a quake board already, and the wargames board covers war and strategy games like AOE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,484 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">how about a board for dating</font>

ASL?

Faster..harder...Scoooter

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

soz orange,

But I agree with Longfield. I was on an IRC channel earlier 2nite, and I proved a point that 70%+ of conversations are based around ASL!. TBH BBS is just a slower form of IRC, where users can reply to topics of their own interest and also have the time to construct better replies etc. But I think a board like dating would just introduce ASL spam.

Also imagine if you got rejected, or something went wrong in the relationship. The facility to post negative remarks about users is there also. This in turn would make the Mods life a lot harder, and would eventually result in removing the board.

Nevertheless I do agree that we need to broaden the list of boards in this system, because I'm sick and tired of the same ol stuff day in and day out. Some boards interest me, others dont. There's nothing worse than connecting, visit all your regulars, and finding nothing new to read or post about. Tis frustrating to say the least frown.gif

I will give this some thought and get back to yez.

;-phobos-)

[This message has been edited by phobos (edited 13-08-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If you want to date someone on the board, send them an email.

Although considering 95% of the boards population scare me, I'm not sure why someone would want to.

Also the boards is predominatley male isn't it? Although judging from IRC conversations that might be a moot point wink.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by orangerooster_2000:
    how about a board for dating
    </font>

goaway.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Ah that's great, boards is becoming like The Foundation Series where it gets so big that people forget (or never knew) where it all started.

Personally I remember when this was all fields.

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by amp:
    Ah that's great, boards is becoming like The Foundation Series where it gets so big that people forget (or never knew) where it all started.
    </font>

Leave Isaac out of it or I'll be forced to take action...

Al.

Sedulously eschew obfuscatory hyperverbosity and prolixity.

You really should you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

This is a good idea in it's own right, think of all the people obsessed with lucy and riot girl on the CS boards, they'd have a field day trying to go out with one of them biggrin.gif
    other than that point, i'd say there are a lot of people who would want this topic added and would make use of it also.

That island has freedom written all over it" Sir, that's Cuba. [url="HTTP://WWW.thesimpsons.com"]look at that smithers!![/url]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

ok there is nothing ever new on wargames im also a fan of games workshop and ive seen two threads in the month ive been here and they were very very boring ok then datings out and i dont know how i missed quake.and yes the people of the boards are amazingly scary and that what makes this the best boards system around and its irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Trojan:
    Leave Isaac out of it or I'll be forced to take action...
    </font>

You and who's empire?

Lunacy Abounds! GLminesweeper RO><ORS!
    "Boxes for show, Baskets for a pro" - [FCA]SyxPak

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">ok there is nothing ever new on wargames im also a fan of games workshop and ive seen two threads in the month </font>

And did you contribute anything?

DeV.

yep but very little response and i did answer one about what we are painting at the mo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

I ****ed myself laughing at that picture Castor. ****ing classic! smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by orangerooster_2000:
    yep but very little response and i did answer one about what we are painting at the mo

</font>

Well tbh you've not created any new topics, and no topic has been started on AOE, so you haven't done anything to liven up the conversation. I don't see how you can complain.

If you find it boring then create a new thread. Plus there has been alot more than two threads in the last month, try changing the setting on the topic list to show the threads from the last 30 days or so.

And I'm curious as to what you could actually talk about on an AOE board... apart from a few posts on units and gameplay I can't see much to post on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nesf:
    Also the boards is predominatley male isn't it?</font>

are you implying that the people that use boards are all straight?

[This message has been edited by d4r3n (edited 16-08-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Good point darren.. *COUGH*
    orangerooster_2000 : What the hell has dating got to do with age of empires anyway..

What is now was once only imagined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

'darren'..? What is your major malfunction, Repli?! Did you see 2 r's in d4r3n's name? NO SON YOU DID NOT! Did you see an A in his name? NO SON YOU DID NOT! Did you see an E in his name? NO SON YOU DID NOT!

Call the man by his rightfull nick, or I'll send the Nick Police after you.

-Dark-Angel-
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

[This message has been edited by Dark-Angel (edited 16-08-2001).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dark-Angel:
    'darren'..? What is your major malfunction, Repli?! Did you see 2 r's in d4r3n's name? NO SON YOU DID NOT! Did you see an A in his name? NO SON YOU DID NOT! Did you see an E in his name? NO SON YOU DID NOT!

Call the man by his rightfull nick, or I'll send the Nick Police after you.

-Dark-Angel-
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH</font>

thats my man :P

• Advertisement

ever heard of having more than one idea repli?

Advertisement