Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going rate for Lino?

Options
  • 05-07-2005 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

irelands wonderful network of websites yields nowt.

Looking to get a price for hall stairs and landing linod.
    have a mate to put it down just looking for prices for lino now.

anyone?

kdjac

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭MorningStar

Most of what is sold here is not lino as such but vinyl. Lino is really heavy duty and generally used in businesses. I am no expert so I could be wrong on that but I am pretty sure that is right.

Price ranges are huge but generaly fitting is thrown in so your friend offereing to do it is not much difference. Prices range from €11- €25 per sq metre for something good

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Old-fashioned Lino(leum), once considered tacky, nasty stuff that was only the preserve of the working class has apparently undergone a renaissance, and has therefore become rather trendy and therefore expensive. It has the advantage that it can be cut and glued quite easily, and there are trendy designer types out there who will design you your own linoleum floor for a handsome fee. Actually, being serious for a moment, some of them look quite nice, especially if you're looking for a "retro"-look. BTW did you know the stuff is made from LINseed oil, hence the name? I'll get me coat :)

Advertisement