Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random D/C with eircom Home Plus ?

• 05-07-2005 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

ok, I was going to post about this here cause earlier but before I could the tech actually rang me. Managed to fix the prob, hopefully.

What was happeing, as some people might have noticed recently, cause I know it's happening to more than just myself, is that the DSL randomly disconnects and then keeps d/c ing for the next 10-20 mins or maybe longer before settling down again for antoher couple hours. Anyway, I was told that this was cause I was running an older version of the FirmWare (software that the modem itself runs on). Anyway, I upgraded and it seems to be stable now. If anyone else has been having this problem, hopefully this'll help

Go to the modem's homepage - 192.168.1.254 - and on the left menu go to "Update FirmWare" and let it do it's thing. Simple solution really, but I never even thought of it. Also, the readout came back that I was now on a 512k line instead of 2meg. It settled down soon enough though and is back up to full speed.

edit : http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=4,E=0000000000028887858,K=2195,Sxi=3,Question1276=obj(1276):obj(1277)

Advertisement